• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Eiger 10280 QTC Gen2 issue

elugelab

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Peak Eiger 10280 QTC gen2 from Oveready.

At first I had problems with the light flickering, especially when trying to get to lower outputs.
So I decided to clean the threads and apply some Nyogel on them, to see if that might work.
It did fix the problem for awhile, but now when I turn on the light, no matter how slowly I twist the head, it turns on at about 50 lumens.
If I try to turn it to a lower output, it starts flickering and then it just shuts off.
I thought, maybe I had used too much of the Nyogel on the threads, so I wiped some of it off, but it didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas, what could fix the issue?
Or should I just send it back to Oveready?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's likely the pill. I don't know about the Eigers, but in my Logan they tend to pop out pretty easily. Just hit the open end of the body tube against a soft surface (your palm, a thick mousepad, etc) and it should come out. To take apart the pill push on the hexagonal side. Should open up pretty easily. Inspect it, reassemble and return the pill to the body. This might smooth the ramping a bit.

elugelab

Newly Enlightened
Is the pill supposed to be round and smooth?
Cause if it is, then I probably need to get it changed.

Mine has some cut going near the edge, on one side of the pill.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure how the Eiger QTC pill looks like, but the Logan pill has a hexagonal metal disc on one side and a circular metal disc on the the other. When in doubt you can always contact Oveready for the answer.

I see you're in Suomi so sending it back for repair would be a pain. If it isn't a Gen. 2 QTC, hopefully Oveready will just send you a replacement.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the pill supposed to be round and smooth?
Cause if it is, then I probably need to get it changed.

Mine has some cut going near the edge, on one side of the pill.

That's normal, the cut is there to enable it to be installed. Make sure the hexagonal part is on the battery side.

elugelab

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help.

By the pill I meant the QTC piece... My bad. So the pill that has the QTC piece inside, doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it, but the QTC piece itself, does have a cut going near the edge, on one side of it. Is that still normal?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there is a cut or any damage on the QTC material itself that's not good. As you said it should be round and smooth.

elugelab

Newly Enlightened
Alright, I'm sure the Oveready will send another QTC piece to replace for the defect one, but I wish they'd also sell spare QTC pieces on their site.

Thanks for your help!

FlashlightWidow

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Peak Eiger 10280 QTC gen2 from Oveready.

At first I had problems with the light flickering, especially when trying to get to lower outputs.
So I decided to clean the threads and apply some Nyogel on them, to see if that might work.
It did fix the problem for awhile, but now when I turn on the light, no matter how slowly I twist the head, it turns on at about 50 lumens.
If I try to turn it to a lower output, it starts flickering and then it just shuts off.
I thought, maybe I had used too much of the Nyogel on the threads, so I wiped some of it off, but it didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas, what could fix the issue?
Or should I just send it back to Oveready?

(Oh Drat! Oh Drat! Oh Drat!)

EM sent :ohgeez:

Cheers, Mrs Guru