New EagleTac M3C4 Vs Crelant 7G5 For Throw At 350yds

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Ok guys I thought I would start a new thread on this one even though I posted the results in my other thread when I compared the M3C4 to the Sunwayman T40CS in which it easily defeated. As you guys know, the original Crelant 7G5 is one of the best single XM-L throwers out there and especially if you are figuring cost, and the one I have from my results has just edged out my Olight M3X for throw. And I know personally that the 7G5 I have is one of the hot ones since I sent the first one back to Hank for being underdriven, so I know he picked me out a bright one. But I wanted to see how this new EagleTac M3C4 with the updated driver would do against the Crelant 7G5 for throw. So here goes.

The pictures below are manual exposure with a shutter of 1.4 sec and f/4 and ISO 400. These were shot at 350yds to the white barn with some zoom.

We will start with the Crelant 7G5.

DSCF3751Small.jpg

And now the EagleTac M3C4.

DSCF3754Small.jpg

Now there is no question in my mind that if you look at these 3 things you will clearly see that the EagleTac M3C4 is the winner: 1) the left front side of barn, 2) the 2nd pole, and
3) the wires going directly above the barn in the picture from the 1st pole closest to the camera at the right to the 2nd pole.

Also the beam is actually tighter on the EagleTac M3C4 vs the Crelant 7G5 which surprised me since at about 20 ft the Crelant 7G5 was tighter. This new EagleTac M3C4 up close on a wall at about 6" is I would say at least 100 lumens brighter as well vs the Crelant 7G5.

The new EagleTac M3C4 with their newest updated driver is going to be a big hit. Christina at EagleTac tells me that all of the new M3C4's will have the exact same updated driver as the one I have. So if that is indeed the case, they are going to sell a lot of them would be my guess.

I love this EagleTac M3C4 and I can say that EagleTac has hit a homerun with this one.

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
And I wanted to add that I was running 4 new CR123A batteries in the Crelant 7G5 in which selfbuilt said according to his sample with 4 CR123A batteries he tested at 58,000 lux@1m. I'm just guessing that going on what my M3C4 did here since I have no light meter would be at least a 5000 lux difference advantage to even notice the changes that are here in these pictures with the human eyes according to someone who knows a lot more about lux and light meters than I do. So if that is indeed the case that would mean that the EagleTac M3C4 with this updated driver should be around the 63,000 lux@1m mark.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am convinced and sent Christina at EagleTac an email.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
<p>
Well I had some guys tell me at another flashlight forum where I posted this as well that I am aimed more down on the Crelant 7G5 vs the EagleTac M3C4. They have also told me that the Crelant 7G5 on the barn and the ground before it look brighter to them. So I am going to try and do this again later this week. But nonetheless these 2 lights are very close. I am also going to try running 4 CR123A batteries in the M3C4 to see if that makes anymore difference with it as it does with the Crelant 7G5.  But I do see their point, but it wan't intentional on my part.  I took 3 pictures from each light and picked the best one from each.</p>

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Ok here are some new ones with 4 brand new CR123A batteries in each light.

100yds and same exact settings as above

Crelant 7G5

DSCF3786Small.jpg

EagleTac M3C4

DSCF3785Small.jpg

350yds

Crelant 7G5

DSCF3789Small.jpg

EagleTac M3C4

DSCF3779Small.jpg

Last edited:

Up All Night

Enlightened
ILF,
All the shots in this thread show the M3C4 has better throw, especially the last set. The last thread wasn't quite as obvious. In fact, I kept going back to look at the shots and didn't see a significant difference between it and the SWM. I didn't want to post as the contrarian in that thread but I was starting to think there was a loss of sanity involved. The problem was I didn't know if it was mine or yours! Lol! These last shots definitely confirm what you're seeing.
Great pics! :thumbsup: Thanks for posting them and for the heads-up on the Eagletac driver upgrade.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Thank you.

I honestly believe this M3C4 I have is putting out around 63,000 lux@1m or maybe more, but I have no light meter to confirm that. But I can tell you this M3C4 easily beats the Crelant 7G5 for throw and brightness. Maybe selfbuilt will get his hands on this new updated version of the M3C4 and confirm this.

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Here's a few more I just took of the M3C4.

60yds shots on 1 sec shutter

DSCF3790Small2.jpg

DSCF3793Small.jpg

220yds 1.4 sec shutter

DSCF3806Small.jpg

This last one is a long, long way off but I wanted to take one at a very long range. 1.4 sec shutter

DSCF3799Small.jpg

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like you discovered a real gem of a light. I am waiting to hear back from Eagletac. Thank you for pics.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
It looks like you discovered a real gem of a light. I am waiting to hear back from Eagletac. Thank you for pics.

Your welcome buddy.

Now do me a favor and show me some good nite pictures of beamshots from your TN31. And convince me that I need one for Christmas. I'm thinking that would make a perfect Christmas gift. I have thought about that light for a good while. And according to selfbuilt it puts out almost as many lux as the SR90.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your welcome buddy.

Now do me a favor and show me some good nite pictures of beamshots from your TN31. And convince me that I need one for Christmas. I'm thinking that would make a perfect Christmas gift. I have thought about that light for a good while. And according to selfbuilt it puts out almost as many lux as the SR90.

I am spending a lot of time at the Olympics at present, but I will take some beamshots later. The Thrunite TN31 would make an excellent present, as the size to performance ration is amazing. It really is a super thrower without the supersize.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Buddy,

I have just received confirmation that the newer Eagletac M3C4 is U2 XM-L and driven harder at 3.5A on high. I will be buying one.