Surfire Fury Single Output Tactical Model On Rechargeables?

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened
Hey there folks - recently picked up a Surefire Fury single output flashlight for tactical use. Just wondered if you can get more than 500 lumens out of it if a rechargeable of some sort is used? :thinking:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey there folks - recently picked up a Surefire Fury single output flashlight for tactical use. Just wondered if you can get more than 500 lumens out of it if a rechargeable of some sort is used? :thinking:

They don't give the voltage specs for the driver, so I don't know if you'd want to pop in two RCR123/16340 Li-Co 4.2v batteries before emailing SF.

They market the K2 LFP chemistry 123As at 3.2v, so that is probably your best option, even though they're out of stock on them right now.

Chris

Erzengel

Enlightened
the Fury uses a step down driver, therefore the higher voltage of rechargeables should not give You any increase in brightness. If You use 17670 or 16650 rechargeables, You will have something about 80% of the original output.

benthiccracker

Enlightened
I use AW RCRs in mine all the time doesn't hurt it one bit, and it is just as bright as with SF primaries. Don't know about runtimes though.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you use 3.2V lithium-phosphate rechargeables, it's about 3% brighter initially. However, I don't have data on other types of rechargeables.