Looking for a 2xCR123a pocket carry flashlight

sambeaux2249

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for something roughly the size and configuration of a Surefire E2DL. I'd like something that can do better than 200 lumens with a runtime of at least one hour on high. Ideally, I would like for it to come on high and if it has a lower setting then cycle down to it. In fact, I like the interface of the E2DL a LOT. I would like to keep the price under $150 and preferably under $100. Is there anything out there with a head up pocket clip that is brighter than the E2DL and cheaper? Thanks.

Sam

jezdec

Newly Enlightened
hi
go on 4sevens homepage and buy yourself a quark 123 Turbo "X"......you will not be disappointed!

very good build quality, interesting interface, a tone of light and nice size.....

fishndad

Enlightened
yes you will be disapointed! do not buy the 123 turbo X
You want the 123squared X.
the toubo head is very substantial.Too much so for pocket carry.
And the 123 only has a single battery not 2 as requested.

sambeaux2249

Newly Enlightened
yes you will be disapointed! do not buy the 123 turbo X
You want the 123squared X.
the toubo head is very substantial.Too much so for pocket carry.
And the 123 only has a single battery not 2 as requested.

The tactical 123^2 X looks pretty nice. The tactical basically has two modes once you program it?

Sam

Bwolcott

Enlightened
I'm looking for something roughly the size and configuration of a Surefire E2DL. I'd like something that can do better than 200 lumens with a runtime of at least one hour on high. Ideally, I would like for it to come on high and if it has a lower setting then cycle down to it. In fact, I like the interface of the E2DL a LOT. I would like to keep the price under $150 and preferably under $100. Is there anything out there with a head up pocket clip that is brighter than the E2DL and cheaper? Thanks.

Sam

there are a ton of flashlights out there for under that price that are way brighter then 200 lumens, check out the eagletac d25lc2 clicky

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tactical 123^2 X looks pretty nice. The tactical basically has two modes once you program it?

Sam

Yes, you program 2 modes out of 8 to be readily accessible by a bezel twist. There're lots of bright 2x123s out there but the Quark will be unique light with a moonlight that lasts a month or so (and well warranty and CS, if that matters).

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened

Sam
They also have the "Pro". The benefit of the tactical is that you don't have to flip threw modes and you have momentary.

Also look at the Klarus NT20, jet beam and fenix also make them the "non-turbo" 2xcr123 is a really common size.

sambeaux2249

Newly Enlightened
They also have the "Pro". The benefit of the tactical is that you don't have to flip threw modes and you have momentary.

Also look at the Klarus NT20, jet beam and fenix also make them the "non-turbo" 2xcr123 is a really common size.

The Eagletac looks pretty good. I kinda like only having two modes available in the FourSevens. Forward clicky and momentary are very important.

Sam

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sam

I would suggest just getting the E2DL. It can purchased from certain dealers for around $120-130 or so with CPF discounts which puts it right within your budget.

Latest posts