Olight does not honor its warranties!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwolv1

Newly Enlightened
I bought an ITP A6 from Amazon less than one year ago, the flashlight failed in it's first outdoor use out at the cabin recently. (when I needed it most) The dealer told me that Olight will make it right. (as ITP is owned by Olight. )

This is the response I get......:sigh:

Private communication removed, please see rule #12 - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think Burgess is right, and ive been there before.
when my olight failed, i never even got a response from them.

i only buy lights with lifetime warranties these days. HDS or surefire would of replaced a discontinued model with something.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several Olights and have never had trouble with them..... BUT I have a long memory when a company does that to me. I vote with my wallet, as should all CPF members! If we discover a company interested in short term profits only, we should deny them future profits! When a company offers a light, they need to offer replacement parts and service as well.

Jerrycobra

Newly Enlightened
not really related but when i had a set of speakers, one of the satellites failed, since logitech stopped making the model, they sent me the new model of the product

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread belongs in Jeers, but...

You get what you pay for. There's a reason why some people pay premium for products of similar performance and features from different companies.

If you were dealing with a manufacturer that stands by its products, you wouldn't have this sort of issue. Companies like Surefire, HDS and Malkoff, even when they no longer manufacture the same product, will just send you a newer version of it.

bwolv1

Newly Enlightened
Olight Honored its Warraty!!

I posted here last week that Olight would not honor their warranty..

(http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?342351-Olight-does-not-honor-its-warranties!!)

Lo and behold, after more than two weeks of debating, and after I made some more noise, Olight finally replaced my dead ITP polestar with a new Olight S35. While it's only a three AA cell light, replacing a six AA cell light, but it's retail value was actually a couple of bucks higher. So I'm pleased that Olight finally (after some initial resistance) made it right.

I was admonished that I should have posted in "Cheers and Jeers", but I felt it was only fair to post in the same forum in which I originally complained about Ilight, that they now have honored their warranty.

I now feel I can continue to buy Olight products.

Happy customer

I was advised some other customers never did get satisfaction however...

Status
Not open for further replies.