NiteFighter

Thread: H502 Optics

Default H502 Optics

I have seen a few people complain that the H502 has amazing output but no optic to contain that output. Tonight, I had an idea and would like to share it.

Instead of trying to shoehorn in a reflector on the H502 to give it a little more distance and a little better use of all of that light, what about using a Fresnel lens? I was messing with my iPhone and noticed that the LED in the phone had (what appears to be) a Fresnel lens over the LED. It has a defined hotspot with a decent amount of spill. In fact, the spill has the biggest viewing angle of any LED system I have seen. I'd put it at 180 degrees.

If anyone has a Zebralight H502 and a small Fresnel lens, you should combine them and show the results.

What do you think?

Default Re: H502 Optics

Sounds like a cool idea. I've got a SC51c so it already has a reflector.

Anyone know if the stainless steel ring is screwed or glued in? If it is screwed in, then you can have someone machine a new bezel for it to incorporate the Fresnel lens.

I'm under the impression that it's pressed in.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

Default Re: H502 Optics

I don't really know that much about fresnel lens but the H502 main use is a pure flood light that's why it has no reflector. The H51 is there if you need one with a reflector.