Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 3
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: I need a light with ultimate throw.

  1. #1

    Default I need a light with ultimate throw.

    Would you please recommend a light based on throw. I want it to be near to a police helicopter search light. I don't mind the weight or the price.

  2. #2

    Default Re: I need a light with ultimate throw.

    CPF user BVH has(or had) A helicopter search light for sale

  3. #3
    *Flashaholic* Gunner12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: I need a light with ultimate throw.

    Peak Beam System's Maxabeam.

    Furthest throwing commercially available and portable light that I know of.

    You could also try and find a WW2 arc spotlight that were used to find planes at night.

  4. #4

    Default Re: I need a light with ultimate throw.

    Thanks for the help

  5. #5

    Default Re: I need a light with ultimate throw.

    +1 Maxabeam But like 1/2 the watts of heli searchligh

    WWII 60" GE arc light now your talking MattC16 said " I don't mind the weight or the price."

  6. #6

    Default Re: I need a light with ultimate throw.

    Quote Originally Posted by CMAG View Post
    now your talking MattC16 said " I don't mind the weight or the price."
    I live on mountain and want to terrorise the town below which always seems to have police helicopters over so I want to have a 'light off'.

  7. #7
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: I need a light with ultimate throw.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattC16 View Post
    I live on mountain and want to terrorise the town below which always seems to have police helicopters over so I want to have a 'light off'.
    You better be joking. In many jurisdictions (including all of the USA), shining a light at an aircraft in flight is a criminal offence.

  8. #8

    Default Re: I need a light with ultimate throw.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamabushi View Post
    You better be joking. In many jurisdictions (including all of the USA), shining a light at an aircraft in flight is a criminal offence.
    I'm not on about shining the light at the helicopter but looking at where the light is on the ground and then shining my light to a place near by. Helping out in their search, community spirit

  9. #9
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: I need a light with ultimate throw.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattC16 View Post
    I'm not on about shining the light at the helicopter but looking at where the light is on the ground and then shining my light to a place near by. Helping out in their search, community spirit
    Still a bad idea. Unless you've been asked to help, you might be charged with interference. Unless you're actively in communication with the police and coordinating your actions with them, shining your light "to a place near by" could blind officers on the ground or illuminate them for a (possibly armed) suspect.

  10. #10

    Default

    Agree.. Sounds like a terrible idea.. Also some times officers take advantage of the dark to move around for more tactical positions around a house or fence or what ever.. ...And then you turn your light on...

  11. #11
    Flashaholic* madecov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,152

    Default Re: I need a light with ultimate throw.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thekapow View Post
    Agree.. Sounds like a terrible idea.. Also some times officers take advantage of the dark to move around for more tactical positions around a house or fence or what ever.. ...And then you turn your light on...
    Correct, the officers on the ground will have radio communication with the air unit. If they want it dark the helo will kill the light. If someone was doing what the OP suggests on my scene I might charge them with interfering.
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

  12. #12
    *Flashaholic* Gunner12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: I need a light with ultimate throw.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattC16 View Post
    I live on mountain and want to terrorise the town below which always seems to have police helicopters over so I want to have a 'light off'.
    Seems like a very bad idea. The helicopters are probably not shining light for the heck of it, they are using it to find something. If you want to use a light in this way, you'd better tell your local police department and see if they would like your help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •