SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!

Thread: Looking for next light and need direction

Default Looking for next light and need direction

Hi,

I am a flashlight newbie and am very happy with my first 'real' flashlight purchase of an eagletac d25lc2 clicky. I would recommend it to anyone looking for their first light for these reasons:

It is very affordable
    it is very well made
    it is very bright and has 3 output levels
    The size is perfect for me

So to summarize for me the flashlight does well on two important ratios that are important for me
    Brightness per dollar
    brightness per size

So now I am looking for the next 'class' above this. I am willing to pay a little more that the 60ish bucks the clicky goes for and I am willing to go a little bigger. But in return I am looking for increased brightness from the 600+ OTF lumens (I'll edit this later to reflect selfbilts review) that the lc2 delivers with similar coolness and build quality.

In my searches there are MANY nice lights but they just either don't seem to be ant brighter or if they are seem excessively expensive or gigantic in form or weirdly shaped

Hope this makes sense! Appreciate any direction you owners of multiple lights may have!

Thanks,
    John

Default Re: Looking for next light and need direction

If it helps my hesitation with the 2000+ lumen lights I've seen is I'm not crazy about either of the 'cola can' or 'toilet plunger' form factors. So am wondering if there's an upgrade available that I'm missing in a more traditional form with regards to how convenient it is to carry and use.

A smaller sized 2 CR123 or 1 18650 light with the Cree XM-L LEDs could work. For good bang for your buck, Shiningbeam's lights seem to be the way to go.

Sorry should have mentioned that the Eagletac D25lc2 that I have is a single 18650 with XML U2 for those not familiar with it.

ZL SC600, Jetbeam BC25, Thrunite TN11

If you want 2500+ lumens the Thrunite TN30 is great.
    Last edited by ScaryFatKidGT; 08-12-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    Fenix LD01 R4, E05 R4, PD31, TK20, TK35, E11, Jetbeam BC25, RRT-0, Klarus NT20, iTP A3 R5, A3 Ti S2, 4Sevens Preon 1, Quark X 123^2, Sunwayman V10R Ti, Surefire G2X Tactical, ThruNite TN31, Mag-Lite XL50, Mag 2D XP-E

Yes was just looking at the thrunite tn30. Seems like it is a beast! Interested!