Looking for next light and need direction

Johnnyt

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I am a flashlight newbie and am very happy with my first 'real' flashlight purchase of an eagletac d25lc2 clicky. I would recommend it to anyone looking for their first light for these reasons:

It is very affordable
it is very well made
it is very bright and has 3 output levels
The size is perfect for me

So to summarize for me the flashlight does well on two important ratios that are important for me
Brightness per dollar
brightness per size

So now I am looking for the next 'class' above this. I am willing to pay a little more that the 60ish bucks the clicky goes for and I am willing to go a little bigger. But in return I am looking for increased brightness from the 600+ OTF lumens (I'll edit this later to reflect selfbilts review) that the lc2 delivers with similar coolness and build quality.

In my searches there are MANY nice lights but they just either don't seem to be ant brighter or if they are seem excessively expensive or gigantic in form or weirdly shaped

Hope this makes sense! Appreciate any direction you owners of multiple lights may have!

Thanks,
John

Johnnyt

Newly Enlightened
If it helps my hesitation with the 2000+ lumen lights I've seen is I'm not crazy about either of the 'cola can' or 'toilet plunger' form factors. So am wondering if there's an upgrade available that I'm missing in a more traditional form with regards to how convenient it is to carry and use.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A smaller sized 2 CR123 or 1 18650 light with the Cree XM-L LEDs could work. For good bang for your buck, Shiningbeam's lights seem to be the way to go.

Johnnyt

Newly Enlightened
Sorry should have mentioned that the Eagletac D25lc2 that I have is a single 18650 with XML U2 for those not familiar with it.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
ZL SC600, Jetbeam BC25, Thrunite TN11

If you want 2500+ lumens the Thrunite TN30 is great.

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Newly Enlightened
Yes was just looking at the thrunite tn30. Seems like it is a beast! Interested!