(Update) Just ordered a Surefire M4.. Who makes drop-ins?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been sitting here all weekend debating an HDS Rotary. Up until now, every light I have owned has been a SureFire. Everything I've got now is a Surefire. I have owned a Fenix PD30 that I threw away and an HDS Clicky that I sold after a week. (It's just not the same unless it's a SF)

I've wanted one of these for years and finally ordered one with the crenelated strike bezel. I mainly want to keep the original MN60 bulb in.. but.

I see the Malkoff MD60 drop-in and want it. Buttt, I can get more lumens with the battery capacity in an M4 than what the MD60 offers.

Any modding ideas? Let's not get into batteries at the moment. I'm just looking to see if other drop-ins exist.

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Just ordered a Surefire M4.. Who makes drop-ins?

Ask Gene to see if he can brew up a harder driven MD60 for you.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nailbender makes XML drop-in tower modules too. They are listed in his P60 sales thread in Custom and Modified B/S/T.

beach honda

Enlightened

+1 on asking Gene about an MD60SHO or looking into something fron Nailbender. Congrats on your M4 score, I think the M4 is the next SF I have in my sights since I just picked up an M3-CB. I really enjoy the asthetics of the PK designed generation of SureFire lights.

Pictures?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nailbender makes XML drop-in tower modules too. They are listed in his P60 sales thread in Custom and Modified B/S/T.

I knew I've seen it somewhere! I just didn't think to look in there. Thanks man.

+1 on asking Gene about an MD60SHO or looking into something fron Nailbender. Congrats on your M4 score, I think the M4 is the next SF I have in my sights since I just picked up an M3-CB. I really enjoy the asthetics of the PK designed generation of SureFire lights.

Pictures?

I've been a long time SF fan boy. Sadly my collection has dwindled away over the past year but I'm fixing to start building the collection. An M6 and M3 are next. Now is the time to gobble up the old incans before they are all gone.

BIGLOU

Enlightened

+1 on the NB drop-in tower.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I knew I've seen it somewhere! I just didn't think to look in there. Thanks man.

No prob. We Westerners have to watch out for each other.

I'm glad you asked the question as it's gotten me thinking about getting one of the NB towers myself. I have the Malkoff MD60 and I like it just fine but I'm curious how it would compare to the NB.

Anyone out there have experience with both of them?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

No prob. We Westerners have to watch out for each other.

I'm glad you asked the question as it's gotten me thinking about getting one of the NB towers myself. I have the Malkoff MD60 and I like it just fine but I'm curious how it would compare to the NB.

Anyone out there have experience with both of them?

I'm going to have to PM Nailbender because I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm sure I've looked right over it.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know how I missed it. I'm getting a single mode for sure.

XML TOWER MODULES $80 NEW!!!!

T6 flux 1A tint *ONLY EMITTER AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME*

Any of the above 6 volt max drivers listed under XML's plus ones listed below

1 level 4-16 volt 2.2 amp driver

3 level 3.4-9 volt 2.8 amp driver

Fits any of the surefire turbo heads such as KT1 / KT4 / KT5

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gene responded to my email asking about getting a custom MD60 with higher output.

His response:

"I am in the process of updating the MD60 dropin for more output. Please stay tuned."

So the wait begins!

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene responded to my email asking about getting a custom MD60 with higher output.

His response:

"I am in the process of updating the MD60 dropin for more output. Please stay tuned."

So the wait begins!

Wow. That's good to hear, even if it is bad news for my wallet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

His response:

So the wait begins!

thats awesome, might have to even get two!

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want my M4 to be tough as nails. So I'd really like to stick with Genes creations. After Magpul tested and endorsed his products he was pretty much proven.

I just ordered an M6LT which should hold me out long enough for this to be released :)

Even if it takes a while I can play with some good ole incan goodness.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Current MD60 shows 450 OTF lumens. Wonder what the new one will be... :devil:

Nailbender's drop ins are 600 lumens (not sure if OTF or emitter), but I just love the heavy duty brass Malkoff uses.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

anyone have an idea of how many lumens malkoff can get with an XM-L without having a "not for continous use" warning?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

anyone have an idea of how many lumens malkoff can get with an XM-L without having a "not for continous use" warning?

Probably a lot more than what he will release it at. A custom module on CPF made by an enthusiast will probably push an LED to it's limit.

A manufacturer like Malkoff that will probably sell to us and others, will be set at a safe level. Kind of like how you can buy a new car with 200 HP when they could have squeezed 600 out of the block. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

That said, I think 600 - 800 would be a pretty safe place to bet it lands in.