Fenix LD22 Questions

Beckler

Enlightened
Hi, deciding between LD22 & JetB BA20. But for the LD22 I have two questions: does it tailstand, and does it still have the issue where it won't go into lowest mode with new alkalines, i.e. at higher voltage? Thx...

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Hi, deciding between LD22 & JetB BA20. But for the LD22 I have two questions: does it tailstand, and does it still have the issue where it won't go into lowest mode with new alkalines, i.e. at higher voltage? Thx...

nope, won't tailstand

I dunno about the batteries... but why would you not want to use NiMHs?

LightCrazy

Enlightened
I have the LD22. It will not tail stand. I did not measure the voltage first, but the light went into low mode with the Tenergy alkalies that cae with the light. I have used NiMH batteries though, and put the alky's back in the box.

Beckler

Enlightened
Ok thanks, well I definitely want tailstand ability. It's for a gift, and they won't necessarily have nimh. Also during a power outage, you may need to use other batteries. I saw the low-mode issue on a youtube review from earlier in 2012, so who knows if it's fixed. His cells were about 1.58V new.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
OK, I lied. I tested the light outside when I got it. The low mode works fine with my Rayoac Premium NiMh batteries at 1.3 volts each. The Tenergy Alkaline batteries that came with the light measure 1.603 and 1.604 volts, and the lowest mode does not work. So I guess Fenix has not worked on the problem, or the circumstance created by too high of voltage.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Is this really a problem?
My guess is that most people interested enought to know about this or notice it use NiMh most.
If the light is run un alkaline - how long does it take for voltage to go down enough so that low mode works?
Is it like 1 min on high or turbo?
If in low mode from start, how long does it take before output drops to the correct level of low?
Are LD20 and LD22 the same regarding this behavior?

Latest posts