When you tighten toooo hard on a SF?

batman

Enlightened
Just a quick question for those who use the incandescant E series SF lights,

I've finally started to wonder if I could possibly be doing any damage to my bezel/lamp assembly or flashlight body threads when I tighted down on the bezel with a lot of force. Granted, I'm only using my bare hands, but I tighten the bezel down HARD so that the clip is centered between the anti-roll edges, and making a good seal to keep out moisture.

I'm guessing it's not gonna hurt anything other than *possibly the LA??dunno.

Batman

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've cracked a MN03 LA on mine screwing down the bezel. The lamp died soon after the crunching noise. I wouldn't be to concerned with centering the clip.

kelmo

batman

Enlightened
Good to know that atleast a fairly replaceable part might break first,..I don't know why but I've always thought that the light just doesn't look right without the clip being centered.

MadeInUSA

Newly Enlightened
I have never had an issue with over tightening an e-series. I must say that I have never felt any extra resistance while tightening other than the o-ring being compressed and then the head seating against the body. It might be different from light to light and bulb to bulb. It should feel the same when tightening the head down with or without a bulb in place. If it is harder to tighten with a bulb in, I would use caution not to over tighten.