Please help me ID this bulb (and flashlight)

photon1c

Newly Enlightened
I picked this flashlight up at a 'junk store' in a box with some other items. The bulb is incandescent, and it is blown but when I put 2 CR123As and knocked on the front of the light with my palm, the filament it made intermittent contact and lit up so I know the flashlight works, it just needs a new bulb. I don't know what kind of bulb this is or how to order it though. That's a US 10c piece (dime) in the picture for size comparison purposes. It's bigger than a Maglight 2-pin 'grain of wheat' style bulb, but smaller than the normal 'generic flashlight replacement bulb for a 2 D-cell Ray-O-Vac' you'd find in a hardware store.

Bonus points for identifying the flashlight, I kind of like it's solid simplicity. There's no identifying markings anywhere on it that I can find. With the way the bulb installs, It kind of looks like a prototype or something??

Thanks for any help!

PS: I read you can't hotlink images so here are plain old links. You can click on the picture to blow it up to full size).

http://tinypic.com/r/30m5pi9/6

http://tinypic.com/r/2hmo9rb/6

Last edited:

skillet

Enlightened
I think you can look here for the bulb.. Don't know about the light..

You know what this would be better....

Lighthound used to sell the Chinese Police flashlight that used these bulbs.. My second link is for the 6V bulb. Lighthound only seems to have the 9V variety now.

Good luck!!

Last edited:

photon1c

Newly Enlightened
Your images would not be considered hotlinks as they are hosted on tinypic, they would need to be resized to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels.

Norm

Oh! I didn't know.. Will try next time (but will have to figure out how to resize)

photon1c

Newly Enlightened
Yes!! Thank you, I think that is it! So this is known as the "Chinese police flashlight bulb"? Quite an odd designation :thinking: :p

I think you can look here for the bulb.. Don't know about the light..

You know what this would be better....

Lighthound used to sell the Chinese Police flashlight that used these bulbs.. My second link is for the 6V bulb. Lighthound only seems to have the 9V variety now.

Good luck!!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few years ago there was a flood of cheap Chinese xenon flashlights. Mostly Surefire 6P copies with these funky bulbs. I don't think there's an official designation for them. You'd probably find a lot searching through eBay with a little searching.

ericjohn

Enlightened
A few years ago there was a flood of cheap Chinese xenon flashlights. Mostly Surefire 6P copies with these funky bulbs. I don't think there's an official designation for them. You'd probably find a lot searching through eBay with a little searching.

weren't those the brinkmann maxfires? i remember seeing them at wal-mart and academy. i know they were made in china.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a midget flange base lamp. You can find them over at Bulbtown dot com, number 381 seems to be the one you should replace it with. However they do have an LED replacement for it....though it's no Cree....in fact I think it's a Nichia T1 3/4 white LED. All Electronics has them as well including some LED varieties but way higher voltage input or a too low input (2 volts and 28 volts)

photon1c

Newly Enlightened
It's a midget flange base lamp. You can find them over at Bulbtown dot com, number 381 seems to be the one you should replace it with. However they do have an LED replacement for it....though it's no Cree....in fact I think it's a Nichia T1 3/4 white LED. All Electronics has them as well including some LED varieties but way higher voltage input or a too low input (2 volts and 28 volts)

Hello!
I found the #381 but can you send me links for the LED conversions?