Rayovac Sportsman Extreme's Bigger Brother, Where is it?

netprince

Enlightened
Hey Everyone,

I've seen a lantern here and there that looks like the Rayovac Sportsman Extreme, but its bigger and takes 6D cells. Its branded under different names, but none of them are Rayovac.

The only one I can find is the Eureka! Warrior 400 on amazon, and the price is a bit steep for me. (want to mod it of course)

Anyone seen it anywhere else?

Thanks!

CyberCT

Enlightened
Hey Everyone,

I've seen a lantern here and there that looks like the Rayovac Sportsman Extreme, but its bigger and takes 6D cells. Its branded under different names, but none of them are Rayovac.

The only one I can find is the Eureka! Warrior 400 on amazon, and the price is a bit steep for me. (want to mod it of course)

Anyone seen it anywhere else?

Thanks!

I also saw the lantern with the intent to mod. I emailed the manufacturer asking if they could ask their engineers how the battery configuration was (3 serial x 2 parallel, etc) and they came back with they all face opposite directions, or something similar. In other words, I didn't get the answer I wanted. If the price was even $50 I would pick it up, but that's my max.

CyberCT

Enlightened
Hmm nice!

I wonder what kind of LED that small light uses. Personally I'd be happy with just the main LED and without the smaller one. Gotta love the the description calling for C cells, but details calls for D cells.

Freely

Newly Enlightened
400 lumens for 60 hours, dunno 'bout that..

Hmm nice!

I wonder what kind of LED that small light uses. Personally I'd be happy with just the main LED and without the smaller one. Gotta love the the description calling for C cells, but details calls for D cells.

Obviously their description of the lantern is wrong. Considering the price and free shipping, I'll overlook the errors.

CyberCT

Enlightened
Obviously their description of the lantern is wrong. Considering the price and free shipping, I'll overlook the errors.

This is the second website to have the discrepancy, that's why I thought it was funny. Tell me what you think of the lantern when you get it. I'm debating buying it and modding it but if the six cells are in a series, I have to research a good driver to mod it.

netprince

Enlightened
This is the second website to have the discrepancy, that's why I thought it was funny. Tell me what you think of the lantern when you get it. I'm debating buying it and modding it but if the six cells are in a series, I have to research a good driver to mod it.

The video claims it takes 8 cells, but the description claims 6 cells. I would guess 8 cells in a serial arrangement, 4 leds in a serial arrangement, around 3v forward voltage each, and a linear driver for the main switch.

Did someone buy it?