help with batteries on maglite 2d led

psandherr

Newly Enlightened
what is the best disposable batteries to put in a maglite 2d led light

i hear duracell's are good but i was wondering what kind was the best for this light

any suggestions?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you use the light daily and check it frequently, Duracell batteries will work. The trouble with alkaline batteries is that they leak over time and ruin the flashlight. That's pretty much true of all alkaline batteries, not just Duracell. If you are going to use the flashlight in the car, keep the batteries in a plastic bag outside of the light. If they leak, they can be thrown away with no problems. I have an old Mag 2D with alkaline batteries stored like this and have had no problems. Don't use it much, but I can see the batteries in the clear bag when I open the trunk.

psandherr

Newly Enlightened
If you use the light daily and check it frequently, Duracell batteries will work. The trouble with alkaline batteries is that they leak over time and ruin the flashlight. That's pretty much true of all alkaline batteries, not just Duracell. If you are going to use the flashlight in the car, keep the batteries in a plastic bag outside of the light. If they leak, they can be thrown away with no problems. I have an old Mag 2D with alkaline batteries stored like this and have had no problems. Don't use it much, but I can see the batteries in the clear bag when I open the trunk.

thanks but i read that maglite has a deal with duracell and some other battery companies that if there batteries leak in the flashlight duracell will replace it and the batteries. As long as there not expired. I hav'nt looked into it much but i have seen other people talk about it.

Latest posts