Maglite 3D optics question

bob808

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. About 2 years ago I got 2 flashlights from DX, cheap ones and I like them. Now I want something bigger but don't have much money so I decided to source a Mag 2/3D and mod it. I'm diy all the way so I will enjoy this. I was thinking XM-L at 2.8-3 amps. Also I found something real nice. There's a flashlight with some interesting optics creating a perfect round spot of light with no spill.
Does anyone know if there's a diy aproach to this end for a Maglite D cell? I attached a picture, I think it's a MTE H8-2.
http://img.tapatalk.com/6da68998-1389-d924.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast

The_Police

Enlightened
That definitely looks like an aspheric lens. I just got done with a project similar to what you want to do.
I'd like to suggest checking out this link to my forum post of my aspheric Mag project. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...2D-Aspheric-Mag-upgrade&p=4003681#post4003681

Btw, I got the aspheric lens from kaidomain.com

If you use 3D batteries to power your light they will be putting out 4.5V, which is slightly over the voltage limit (4.2V) on the driver I used in my project. You'll want to either find a different driver, or use rechargeable batteries since they generally put out a little less than 1.5V a piece, but make sure they are lower before you use them. ;)

I should have some outdoor beamshots posted on my thread from this light once it gets dark.

Hope this helps!

bob808

Newly Enlightened
I posted two times on this topic and my posts just dissapeared. I was waiting for an update on my concern but couldn't get any because my concerning posts keep fading into the Void! Mods, care to explain please?

Norm

Retired Administrator
I posted two times on this topic and my posts just dissapeared. I was waiting for an update on my concern but couldn't get any because my concerning posts keep fading into the Void! Mods, care to explain please?
One thread was deleted because it is was a duplicate of post #1 in this thread, these threads were posted 8 minutes apart.

Norm

Last edited: