Recommendation to replace Vector spotlight

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Hey guys, brand new to the forum, lots of jargon here I don't understand yet, but learning.

I bought a Vector HID spotlight from Cabela's about 3 years ago, and I thought it was fantastic until it stopped working. I am not smart enough to know if it's a bulb or what, but the blue charging light still comes on when plugged in, but no light. I gave up trying to find someone to fix it.

My primary use for a replacement is to spotlight coyotes and other critters on my farm. I need to be able to light up an area about 200-300 yards away in the pasture.

I was hoping that there is a bigger, badder spotlight on the market in 2012 that I could purchase for $300 or less? I have a couple of the newer LED handhelds (black/yellow Dorcy from Amazon) and a ultrafire something or other, and they are great for around the house, but these won't light up like that Vector could.

I appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If it's not the battery, you could try opening up the light and posting a picture of the bulb. Just be careful and remove the battery first before opening any further.

:welcome:

yliu

Enlightened
You might find the Olight SR90 at a discount at around 300USD. The SR95 or the SR95UT are more expensive, at around 400-500USD.

They definitely are monster throwers, and either one of them are a good choice for an HID replacement.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Just an update, I got out the Vector again and plugged in the charger and the light went click, click,click very rapidly and the battery indicator flashed. I then was able to remove the battery and it was a lot easier than expected. I have just ordered a replacement battery (sunnaway sw1270). I'm hoping it's just a bad battery.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Stanly fatmax XM-L (the labeled 2000lm one, really its around 700)

Or Olight M3X, Crelent 7G5, or the Thrunite TN31

fjnappi

Newly Enlightened
Re: Recommendation to replace Vector spotlight--similar problem

I bought a Vector SLH100V Spotlight in 2007. It worked great until a Few months ago. The light will not come on and when I plug in the charger, I hear a repetitive clicking sound that does not stop until you unplug the charger. I have taken the battery out and it reads 5.2 volts, out of 12. Any ideas? I just bought a replacement battery on Amazon (20.00) as last ditch effort before it goes in the trash.

I did find a 10 watt Led light from Stanley(fatmax) that works quite well(60.00), though not as bright as my Vector.

thank you

I bought a Vector HID spotlight from Cabela's about 3 years ago, and I thought it was fantastic until it stopped working. I am not smart enough to know if it's a bulb or what, but the blue charging light still comes on when plugged in, but no light. I gave up trying to find someone to fix it.

My primary use for a replacement is to spotlight coyotes and other critters on my farm. I need to be able to light up an area about 200-300 yards away in the pasture.

I was hoping that there is a bigger, badder spotlight on the market in 2012 that I could purchase for $300 or less? I have a couple of the newer LED handhelds (black/yellow Dorcy from Amazon) and a ultrafire something or other, and they are great for around the house, but these won't light up like that Vector could.

I appreciate your inputs. Thanks.[/QUOTE]