M6 LED mod- ?tri-reflector

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Hi All
I seems to me that with the availability of the Nichia 219 we might be able now to replace the Surefire M6 incan with an equivalently functional LED head.
The CRI is good enough (at least for me), and with 3 LEDs at 750-800 mA drive current we can generate 600+ lumens, so it is competitive with the HO incan. The main issue left is throw, in my opinion. So we need some decent reflectors to fit in the Millennium Turbohead. I have made one in the past with McR27's, but I am interested in a ready-made solution- three smooth, XP-E/219 optimised deep reflectors that is a drop-in fit. Does anyone know of any? I trawled the (!)DX website but couldn't be confident of a good match. Any ideas / references or comments??

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure Led Zeppelin's is the only one out there. I may have purchased one of the last heat sink kits that he had left.

surefirem6trip7.jpg

surefirem6trip7.jpg

surefirem6trip7.jpg

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Thanks all for the replies: DUQ, tx101 I had forgotten about LEDZepp's stuff- I'll have another look. I hope they aren't beyond my price-range.
Fivemega- yes, you're right of course; I had heard a figure of 1000 OTF lumens for fresh cells- never seen a graph but I suspect it falls off pretty quickly.
Thanks again