Economy light with throw

stoneoptics

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a light that has a good throw.. something not too much bigger than 5" that will run on AA Alkaline or Lithium batteries. Trying to keep it around $25 or less but needs to be reliable.. doing a hiking trip in which we won't have power so replacement batteries are all i can use. Would be nice if it could take rechargables too, but has to work on AA.
also looking to buy it from a source that actually can ship it to me within 2 weeks. Any ideas on what i should be searching for? This light will take some abuse (lots of walking, hiking, temp fluctuations and maybe some moisture. I am not sure if this light exists but i thought i would ask here. A good combo of throw and flood works too, but really want to be able to see a far distance as it's quite dark at night where we will be. If you can help i would appreciate that.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have a lot of limitations there, buddy. Under 5 inches, AA cells, under $25, reliable, decent throw and good spill.

Considering your length limitation, power source requirement and budget, your best bet is Romisen RC-29 II R5. Less than 5 inches, 1xAA, $21, reliable enough for a budget light, decent throw for a 1xAA light when optic in zoomed in, large spill when zoomed out.

Search for "Romisen RC-29 II R5 Flood-to-Throw LED Flashlight" on Google and the first link will take you to ShiningBeam. Get it from there, and have your shipping upgraded to USPS Priority and you'll have it within a week.

Also, lol @ my 666th post.

Last edited:

davecroft

Enlightened
The Fenix E11 is well worth a look and fits the bill re. price and reliability. My favourite single AA hiking light.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
How far do you need to throw and what kind of beam would you like?

The Romisen RC-G2 III at shiningbeam could also work.

Balder's SE-1 is another nice 1 AA light and the XP-G version should give a decent amount of throw, 3 modes as well so you can have lower modes if you need them.