PCB for Battery Pack

trimixdiver

Newly Enlightened
Hello can anyone help me with the wiring for my pack!
This is how I wired the battery pack with a PCB board...
'B+', 'B-', and 'COM'. These correspond with the +, the - and the common node (the connection in the middle of the pack) and should be connected to these points.
The P+ and P- on the board are the output of the battery pack, so I connect my light to these points, P+ is obviously the + side and P- is the negative side.

I can't get it to fire am I doing something wrong , the voltage reads 7.54vlt

Tony

Last edited:

Klem

Enlightened
When you say you can't get it to fire, are you saying that the 7.54V is what you measure going into the PCB from the two batteries in series, and 0V is what you measure coming off the P+ and P-?

7.54V is a 2 cell battery so you need 3 wires going into the PCB according to the wiring diagram that should come with the PCB. So there should be 5 wires in total attached to your PCB...3 going in and 2 coming off.

Can you take a couple of photo's and show us.

trimixdiver

Newly Enlightened
Here is the PCB I used...
BvSJsYgCGkKGrHqFhIEvri1owSfBMD7vrDEpQ_3.jpg

BvSJsYgCGkKGrHqFhIEvri1owSfBMD7vrDEpQ_3-1.jpg

And here is the battery pack wired...
IMG_0818.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0819.jpg
[/IMG]

The volts are 7.54 from the connecter...

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same issue after building a pack. It had gone into protection mode and was sorted after connecting to a charger.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you may think it has to be charged?
this is the charger I have coming...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220800935948?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

How can I connect to my battery ?
Tony

It has to be connected to a charger. even if just for a second.

I guess if you havent got a charger you could connect any voltage source with in acceptable range ( ie less than 8.4v but more than the voltage of your battery at current charge).

But as I said...thats a guess and your problem may not be the same as what problem I had.

trimixdiver

Newly Enlightened
You miss read my post , I like to know how can I connect to my battery connecters with this charger?
I just became aware of the single plug.

Last edited:

Klem

Enlightened
Cut the plug off the charger and fit one that matches the one on your battery.

My money is on what the other guys are saying...it probably needs charging before it will register any voltage coming out of the PCB.

betti154

Enlightened
I've had similar issues where the PCM needed to be initialized by charging. I pulled lots of hair out figuring it out, though just had to charge the sucker and all was good.

jspeybro

Enlightened
yes, that should be fine. It's a more complex charger though so you'll need to make sure you use the right settings.

as mentionned in the description:
Li-ion/Polymer cell count: 1-6cells => your pack is 2 cells (important for the charging voltage).
Charge current range: 0.1-5.0A => depends on your battery pack. not sure what current is a good charging current your 2S4P pack.

note that this charger doesn't include a power source. you'll need a quite powerfull ac-dc adaptor (11-18V output)

perhaps somehting like this could work:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenergy-Gol...15778?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item5ae49dfce2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenergy-TLP...98698?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item5ae46ce62a
but I think he doesn't ship to Australia...

Johan

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should just buy a universal LiIon charger for your application. This will avoid confusion and future problems.

trimixdiver

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys ok so it has arrived, this is what I bought , looks cool.
iMAXB6ACB6ACLipoNiMH3SRCBatteryBalanceCharger.jpg

Just going through the setting I know how to set up, but how do I use the Balance setting keeps coming up as error ?
Do I need to use Balance or just Charge?
Tony

Last edited:

Codiak

Enlightened
Charging is just two leads

Balancing requires a special connector + the Charging connector

If your talking about charging the pack described above... do not use the balance option of your charger

Last edited: