SSC P4 question.

anthonytsi

Newly Enlightened
I've done the search function and did not get far. Even went to the seoul website and looked at the codes for the P4's. My question is what is the difference between a "USXPI" and a "U2BOH". I can find the bin definition for the last one but not the first. Thanks for any help. :hairpull:

LilKevin715

Enlightened
The first letter is the luminous flux bin, next three are the tint/color temp, last is the Vf at 350ma. Go to their site here and click on P4 series binning and labeling to see the spec sheet. For the tint/color temp take a look here.

anthonytsi

Newly Enlightened
The first letter is the luminous flux bin, next three are the tint/color temp, last is the Vf at 350ma. Go to their site here and click on P4 series binning and labeling to see the spec sheet. For the tint/color temp take a look here.

I'm trying to figure out the brightest between the two and your links I have already been to. Thanks for the info and your time however.
I am either to stupid to figure this out or am overlooking something.
There is usually a number after the "U" or the "T" and that represents the Lumens. USXPI has no Lumens definition unless the "U" itself is the first of the line and there is no info on its lumens.
So what's brightest....USXPI or U2BOH ?

wrf

Newly Enlightened
[...] what is the difference between a "USXPI" and a "U2BOH". I can find the bin definition for the last one but not the first. [...]

I'm trying to figure out the brightest between the two [...]
There is usually a number after the "U" or the "T" and that represents the Lumens. USXPI has no Lumens definition unless the "U" itself is the first of the line and there is no info on its lumens.
So what's brightest....USXPI or U2BOH ?

You aren't the only one that is confused.
U2B0H is using newer color/tint binning codes (B0), and the luminous bin is clearly U2 -- this you've already figured out.
USXPI is using older color/tint binning codes (SXP), and the luminous bin is not specified completely (as U1, U2, or U3).

I don't know how you can possibly figure the last one out.

By comparison, in 2010 I received some that were S2SJ0H. Those are clearly luminous bin S2.

anthonytsi

Newly Enlightened
You aren't the only one that is confused.
U2B0H is using newer color/tint binning codes (B0), and the luminous bin is clearly U2 -- this you've already figured out.
USXPI is using older color/tint binning codes (SXP), and the luminous bin is not specified completely (as U1, U2, or U3).

I don't know how you can possibly figure the last one out.

By comparison, in 2010 I received some that were S2SJ0H. Those are clearly luminous bin S2.

Hate to bump this thread but I know there is a flashaholic on this forum that has the answer.

wrf

Newly Enlightened
Not that this will help you any, but SSC has from time to time modified their luminous binning structure. Could be the USXPI is from the time before the "U" bin was subdivided into U1, U2, and U3.

The nature of this question is that if I was to say "the U2B0H is brighter", who could prove me wrong? People could correctly state that I can't be sure of that, but they couldn't for sure say that I was wrong either.

Consider this: if you go with the U2B0H, at least you know what you are getting.

Edit: I should qualify that previous statement. At least you know what you are getting if you use a reputable dealer. Can't stress that enough.

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done the search function and did not get far. Even went to the seoul website and looked at the codes for the P4's. My question is what is the difference between a "USXPI" and a "U2BOH". I can find the bin definition for the last one but not the first. Thanks for any help. :hairpull:

The USXPI is an older code--the luminous flux bin U would be 91-100 lumens. The SXP is the color bin, with a 6700K CCT.

The U2BOH, which is a newer code has a U2 flux bin showing 100-109 lumens, the color bin, B0, is around 5600-6000K CCT.

The last letter in either code shows the Vf.

anthonytsi

Newly Enlightened
The USXPI is an older code--the luminous flux bin U would be 91-100 lumens. The SXP is the color bin, with a 6700K CCT.

The U2BOH, which is a newer code has a U2 flux bin showing 100-109 lumens, the color bin, B0, is around 5600-6000K CCT.

The last letter in either code shows the Vf.

Thank you very much.