DX.com
Page 1 of 29 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium Aeon Mk. II

Flashaholic*

Default Titanium Aeon Mk. II

Hello Everyone,

I will be making a batch of new lights – the Aeon Mk. II. The external appearance is the same classic format as the Aeon and CR2 Ion designs before it, with some changes under the hood. The Cree XR-E has been replaced by the Nichia 219 LED (the first non-Cree LED to be used in one of my flashlights, in fact!), the titanium parts are made from 6AL4V Titanium and fully knurled as before, and the driver is a new three stage version that completes the package of new features.

A full list of specs on the light
    - Sapphire Lens
    - Light Orange Peel Parabolic Reflector for Long Distance Illumination
    - Nichia 219 LED, High CRI, 120 Lumens
    - CP Grade II Titanium Construction with Brass Innards
    - O-Ring Seals at All Junctions – Water Resistant
    - Gold Plated Circuit Contacts
    - 18.5mm in Diameter by 55mm Short
    - 1.6 Ounces / 46 Grams Weight
    - Analog 3-Stage Driver
    - 1:30 Runtime on High Mode (Runtime on the other two modes pending testing)
    - CR2 Battery Powered

The driver has the same operation as the ones developed for the Nautilus, Aeon, and Mako before it, just with a third stage. It’s a “progressive twisty”, so you twist through off-low-med-high-med-low-off without having any discontinuities, and without any kludgy multiple-on-off clicks or twists, or having to cycle through multiple levels repeatedly to get where you want to be. It is a design that has proven itself capable and reliable over the course of many years in my designs and in the hands of many people.

You can see a review of the Aeon over at EDC Commentary here:
    http://www.everydaycommentary.com/20...on-review.html

The original Aeon was a small, durable little light that packed a pretty decent punch of 114 lumens in a size smaller than a pack of gum. The Aeon Mk. II continues in this vein with the latest generation LEDs and a more flexible driver option. I am currently taking reservations for lights for expected delivery in late November.

Ordering Information
    These lights will start shipping out next week over the course of several days. If you sent in a deposit earlier, please send over the balance of $230 for US Orders or $255 for International Orders to payments@muyshondt.net. (Or $215 x No. of Lights Ordered + $15/$40 Domestic/International Shipping)

All lights are currently sold, but any orders not claimed after two weeks will be refunded and put back up for sale here - if you are interested in being placed on a waiting list please e-mail vcc@muyshondt.net.

Thanks folks!

Enrique
    Last edited by Endeavour; 03-29-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Yes! First to post again!

They still look awesome Enrique.
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Default Re: Titanium Aeon Mk. II

These look awesome Enrique, I might have to hunt one of these down in B/S/T sometime down the road.

Cheers to a smooth "Wave"

-Mayo

pp sent...

Glad to see this back on track.

As per 'disappeared thread' PayPal sent for 1
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

for reservation

Flashaholic*

As said before

Just re-affirming my . Can't wait for this light.

I'm in for two. Paypal heading your way shortly.

Two questions:

1) Will shipping charges be combined for a purchase of multiple lights?

2) Will you be able to offer replacement split-rings in the future? I've searched high and low for split rings that fit the Aeon and I've found nothing.
    Last edited by fyrstormer; 08-19-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    I'm in for two. Paypal heading your way shortly.

Two questions:

1) Will shipping charges be combined for a purchase of multiple lights?

2) Will you be able to offer replacement split-rings in the future? I've searched high and low for split rings that fit the Aeon and I've found nothing.
    Curious on both these myself. Great questions!

Paypal sent for reservation.
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever"
    Ghandi.

Flashaholic*

Enrique, can you comment on the beam quality with the 219 emitter? Any ringiness? Also, what is the ballpark lumen output for low and medium?

Flashaholic

Thanks Enrique (again),

I sent Paypal for reservation a few days ago. BTW, I thought the original post stated $15 for CONUS shipping? Now it's $25?

Flashaholic*

fyrstormer: Yes, shipping can be combined. As for the split rings, presumably. It's not a part that frequently needs replacement, but I don't see why not.

tsl: I will post beamshots when I get some parts in to build up a full light.

persco: It seems I may have made a mistake in my recollection when I re-wrote the post, my apologies - it's fixed now.

Enrique
    Last edited by Endeavour; 08-19-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Wording. A terrible abuse of the English language, in fact. This situation has been rectified. ;)

Enrique,
    Beam shots when you have it will be nice.
    The beam shot and declaration of total units made will be the deal maker for me.
    Thanks.

Papal sent for mine. I am also interested in extra split rings.

Thanks Enrique.

PayPal deposit sent on 8/14 for one Aeon Mk. II.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchiew View Post
    Enrique,
    Beam shots when you have it will be nice.
    The beam shot and declaration of total units made will be the deal maker for me.
    Thanks.
    Out of curiosity, why do you care how many units will be made? As long as you place an order, you'll get one.

Out of curiosity, why do you care how many units will be made? As long as you place an order, you'll get one.
    Resale value maybe???
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever"
    Ghandi.

Other than the primary user market, there is also a secondary market for collectors. It enhances the desirability of an item if it can be proven to be scarce. In this case, how many were made? The propensity to pay increases as the availability decreases.
    I am sure many owners will quote the quantity a few years down the track when they want to sell it.
    Similarly, a collector would also ask why would you want to know what emitter, runtime, power draw, etc etc. After all, you turn it on, you illuminate whatever you want to see.

This info is good for both buyers and builders like Enrique.

Flashaholic*

Benchiew: The reason people want to know what emitter is used, what the runtime is, etc. is because those are practical features that describe the utility of a product. Those who wish to be informed about what they are purchasing need to know that information, in much the same way that you ought to know what sort of gas mileage and safety features are prevalent to a car.

I appreciate what it is you're asking for, but the number made won't be known until after the parts are sent off for machining in several weeks, and will be determined largely by the number requested in this thread. Regardless of what that number ends up being, however, it will have no effect on whether or not I make another batch of the same light at some point down the line. It's fine to care about collector's value, but that's not really my overriding concern in the design or production of my lights - the quality, features, and functionality are.

Enrique

Flashaholic*

Enrique, my post seems to have been lost.
    I sent an email with down payment on the day this offer first appeared, but forgot to properly fill the subject line.
    I hope this hasn't led to confusion.
    I also posted a question about about how much rotation of the head you are planning for from stage to stage.
    Best wishes for a smooth run

Rudi.

That is exactly what I was saying, I fully understand that the primary users want to know the specs. On the other side of the fence, a collector wants to know the numbers made. Both sets of information caters for different buyers.
    I was asked why I wanted to know the quantity made and I explained. Lets not clutter this thread any further from what is viewed as irrelevant information. I apologise to those that took offense.
    So on with the sales....

Flashaholic*

Rudi: The CPF died, again, and lost a bunch of posts, including the old thread. You're clear, though. The head rotation will be similar to the Aeon, but with a mode in between low and high. I don't have an exact number in degrees for you.

Enrique

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
    It's fine to care about collector's value, but that's not really my overriding concern in the design or production of my lights - the quality, features, and functionality are.

Enrique
    +1

For a flashaholic, the quality, the features and functionality ARE the value of the light!
    My way : From Maglite and drop-ins over Fenix & Co to the real things - Customs and Titaniums!

it looks phenomenal

i wish i could grab one!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Let's not start an argument about whether functional value or collector's value is more important, okay? This is a sale thread, after all.

I wouldn't worry too much about the resale value of this light, regardless of how many are made. This is the final edition of a very popular light; it will retain its value just fine. If you need a precedent, look at the light I have in my userpic; they routinely sell for ~200% of their initial purchase price nowadays.
    Last edited by fyrstormer; 08-20-2012 at 02:47 PM.

In case confirmation is helpful, PP was previously sent (the first payment) for one Aeon.

Thanks again, Enrique!

Proud custodian of Tvodrd`s works of art; Peter`s Arc`s and Brass Arc AAA; Mike Jordan`s gems; some really great lights from Enrique, Fred and Tain ....and *several* of Don`s mods, Ti`s and McLux masterpieces.

I will be back in the country on Wednesday. Please hold one for me, as I had signed up on the original list. Thanks.
    --------------------
    He is the light!

Page 1 of 29 1234567811 ... LastLast