• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Titanium Aeon Mk. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

I will be making a batch of new lights – the Aeon Mk. II. The external appearance is the same classic format as the Aeon and CR2 Ion designs before it, with some changes under the hood. The Cree XR-E has been replaced by the Nichia 219 LED (the first non-Cree LED to be used in one of my flashlights, in fact!), the titanium parts are made from 6AL4V Titanium and fully knurled as before, and the driver is a new three stage version that completes the package of new features.

A full list of specs on the light
- Sapphire Lens
- Light Orange Peel Parabolic Reflector for Long Distance Illumination
- Nichia 219 LED, High CRI, 120 Lumens
- CP Grade II Titanium Construction with Brass Innards
- O-Ring Seals at All Junctions – Water Resistant
- Gold Plated Circuit Contacts
- 18.5mm in Diameter by 55mm Short
- 1.6 Ounces / 46 Grams Weight
- Analog 3-Stage Driver
- 1:30 Runtime on High Mode (Runtime on the other two modes pending testing)
- CR2 Battery Powered

The driver has the same operation as the ones developed for the Nautilus, Aeon, and Mako before it, just with a third stage. It's a "progressive twisty", so you twist through off-low-med-high-med-low-off without having any discontinuities, and without any kludgy multiple-on-off clicks or twists, or having to cycle through multiple levels repeatedly to get where you want to be. It is a design that has proven itself capable and reliable over the course of many years in my designs and in the hands of many people.

2497467737_34104cf6bb.jpg

2497468711_9170e44ded.jpg

2558911920_04e56c634d.jpg

2558086531_af8a6edc19.jpg

You can see a review of the Aeon over at EDC Commentary here:
http://www.everydaycommentary.com/2011/04/muyshondt-aeon-review.html

The original Aeon was a small, durable little light that packed a pretty decent punch of 114 lumens in a size smaller than a pack of gum. The Aeon Mk. II continues in this vein with the latest generation LEDs and a more flexible driver option. I am currently taking reservations for lights for expected delivery in late November.

Ordering Information
These lights will start shipping out next week over the course of several days. If you sent in a deposit earlier, please send over the balance of $230 for US Orders or $255 for International Orders to [email protected]. (Or $215 x No. of Lights Ordered + $15/$40 Domestic/International Shipping)

All lights are currently sold, but any orders not claimed after two weeks will be refunded and put back up for sale here - if you are interested in being placed on a waiting list please e-mail [email protected].

Thanks folks!

Enrique

Last edited:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look awesome Enrique, I might have to hunt one of these down in B/S/T sometime down the road.

Cheers to a smooth "Wave"

-Mayo

fyrstormer

Banned
:takeit: I'm in for two. Paypal heading your way shortly.

Two questions:

1) Will shipping charges be combined for a purchase of multiple lights?

2) Will you be able to offer replacement split-rings in the future? I've searched high and low for split rings that fit the Aeon and I've found nothing.

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
:takeit: I'm in for two. Paypal heading your way shortly.

Two questions:

1) Will shipping charges be combined for a purchase of multiple lights?

2) Will you be able to offer replacement split-rings in the future? I've searched high and low for split rings that fit the Aeon and I've found nothing.

Curious on both these myself. Great questions! :)

tsl

Enlightened
Enrique, can you comment on the beam quality with the 219 emitter? Any ringiness? Also, what is the ballpark lumen output for low and medium?

persco

Enlightened
Thanks Enrique (again),

I sent Paypal for reservation a few days ago. BTW, I thought the original post stated $15 for CONUS shipping? Now it's $25?

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
fyrstormer: Yes, shipping can be combined. As for the split rings, presumably. It's not a part that frequently needs replacement, but I don't see why not.

tsl: I will post beamshots when I get some parts in to build up a full light.

persco: It seems I may have made a mistake in my recollection when I re-wrote the post, my apologies - it's fixed now.

Enrique

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.