Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: **NEW** Fenix E25

Arrow **NEW** Fenix E25

Last edited by inspirit; 08-20-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    love Fenix!

Default Re: **NEW** Fenix E25

Looks like the E series are going back to the XP-E's but with a much more efficient circuit. Looks like it's built for throw. At 14.6cm it is 1cm shorter than the LD20 so that's the saving for moving the switch. If only they made it with warmer LED.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Floppy View Post
    Looks like the E series are going back to the XP-E's but with a much more efficient circuit. Looks like it's built for throw. At 14.6cm it is 1cm shorter than the LD20 so that's the saving for moving the switch. If only they made it with warmer LED.
    Fenix never rated the TK20 for CD, but assuming it's in the ballpark of lux (I don't do math).... 7000 lux vs. 6000cd... I think the E25 will have decent throw

anyway-you-look-at-it, for a person looking for a camping/power-out/general use light, the E25 has to be one of the best options available.
    If you ask me what light to buy, I have an uncontrollable urge to say "Fenix"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeriel View Post
    anyway-you-look-at-it, for a person looking for a camping/power-out/general use light, the E25 has to be one of the best options available.
    If the price is right then for sure. Especially with that run-time on max. That would have to be one of the most efficient lights on 2 AA. I wonder what sort of batteries were used in those runtime figures? If it was L91's, then not so surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Floppy View Post
    If the price is right then for sure. Especially with that run-time on max. That would have to be one of the most efficient lights on 2 AA. I wonder what sort of batteries were used in those runtime figures? If it was L91's, then not so surprising.
    The parameters of E25 (lab tested by Fenix using 2500mah Ni-MH batteries in Lab) are approximate and may vary between flashlights, batteries and environments.
    love Fenix!

Quote Originally Posted by inspirit View Post
    using 2500mah Ni-MH batteries in Lab
    That's what they say on the other lights so you'd assume that it was the case with this one, which is quite nice to hear. The LD22 has 2h 20m on turbo too so they've done something right with the circuit.

Has anyone else done more than 2 hours with 2 AA and 180+ lumens?

well.. to be fair it's all about the LED. I'm sure there are some XM-L lights out there with crazy runtimes... but they only have 1-2k lux

The LD22 is 2521cd with a XP-G... The odd thing is, as-far-as-i-know, the XP-E really throws, but is no where near as efficient as a XP-G...

So I wonder if Fenix has made a large leap in circuity in order to get those runtimes
    If you ask me what light to buy, I have an uncontrollable urge to say "Fenix"

UK Q40, Inova X5, Inova X1, Inova T2, Fenix L1, Novatac EDC85, Xeno E06, SWM M20A, SWM C10A, NDI GDP, SWM V20A, SWM M40A, Xeno E03, Fenix E25, Fenix LD12.

Cree recently released an R4 version of the XP-E from what I've heard in the wind. I haven't looked into it too heavily but, it seems to be true with Fenix releasing all of these updated XP-E lights. They just released the E21 V2 which is nothing more than a more efficient E21 and I'm pretty sure that efficiency didn't come from a circuit upgrade.
    "Maybe you should just stick to fire on a stick... it's received excellent reviews here - plus it's a time tested design..."

Quote Originally Posted by SimulatedZero View Post
    Cree recently released an R4 version of the XP-E from what I've heard in the wind.
    Interesting. The mysterious XP-E2. Does that mean that less current or lower Vf or something else that makes it more efficient? I'm guessing lower Vf, sort of based on the E35 runtimes.

Looks like a solid light. Any early word on pricing? I can't get the fenixlight.com site to load...must be the overseas servers.

Quote Originally Posted by redking79 View Post
    Looks like a solid light. Any early word on pricing? I can't get the fenixlight.com site to load...must be the overseas servers.
    around 35-40 dollars.
    "Got a light?" -Well yes, I have

I found it for 33 dollars. I like the looks of it, with the glaring exception of the switch.

Fenix E25 is wroth every penny.
    love Fenix!

Flashaholic*

These new E25 and E35 seem to be nice lights. But I actually wonder: while the high output of E25 is slightly lower than high of E35, why are as well mid and low much higher? E25 lacks a real low mode, in my opinion.
    Wanted: Surefire G2 in tan. Tip me!

My collection Photos of my lights

Just got mine today - wow, what a nice light! It's bright and definitely a thrower. Mine also has a nice white tint. The switch is easy to operate and takes all of one minute to get used to. Fit and finish are nice and it appears to be a well made light. I love the design with the smaller body and larger head - it's kind of that traditional flashlight shape.

Overall I'm impressed. My other favorite Fenix is the E11. That single AA light is a bright flood light and great for walking at night. This E25 has a much tighter hotspot and definitely beats it in brightness (using the subjective ceiling bounce test). It's the brightest 2AA light I've ever had.

BTW - got mine from Fenix Outfitters. Great service and fast shipping. Highly recommended if you're looking to pick one up.
    Who knows...

Mine is coming next week -bought at FenixOutfitters.

Just want to add one more thing about this light - the 3 modes. I like the spacing between them and at 27 lumens for 26 hours, the low is just fine. I think it's a good amount of light for most tasks and I'm glad it's not lower with a longer runtime. And my favorite part - no PWM! I hate using the low modes on other lights with it (too sensitive to it).
    Who knows...

Got the E25 now. -The switch at the head is even better as on my E35.

E25 is a favorite EDC.

Yah the E-series, great lights without the great price!

Flashaholic

I like the mid mode duration.

The spacing between the modes seems really good. I have a E21 and that lower mode would be great for indoors. Guess this will be my next one.

I've got an E21, LD10, LD20 and TK50 which all work well. I just received an E25 and would describe the side switch as anything but reliable. Power on and off times can be inconsistent and when trying to turn it off, sometimes it will cycle thru one or two modes before turning off. Using brand new Energizer lithium batteries. Normal behavior, dirty contacts or cause for concern?

Quote Originally Posted by skypirate View Post
    I've got an E21, LD10, LD20 and TK50 which all work well. I just received an E25 and would describe the side switch as anything but reliable. Power on and off times can be inconsistent and when trying to turn it off, sometimes it will cycle thru one or two modes before turning off. Using brand new Energizer lithium batteries. Normal behavior, dirty contacts or cause for concern?
    I have no problems at all with the switch on my sample.

Flashaholic*

memory?

I have the E25 and I love it. There's no issues with the switch or anything like that on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by dealgrabber2002 View Post
    memory?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    I have no problems at all with the switch on my sample.
    Yeah, I'm just wondering if I got an isolated lemon. Depending on the amount of pressure I apply to the switch the on time varies between half a second up to six seconds. Same for turning it off, but with the cycling as well.
    Years ago, I had several Alesis products that buttons that required routine cleaning. Hopefully that's not the case with the E25.

Flashaholic*

Does it have smooth or OP reflector? Any dark center? Accidental activation? Lock out? On/Off button firm?
    Last edited by dealgrabber2002; 09-18-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Enlightened

Can someone please explain to me why fenix is still using xp-e?? as opposed to xml? Is it really because of a cost issue? How much more does XML costs?