Budget led security lighting, eave lights and some spots

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basic ingredients. Cree XR-E ~3000K on a slab of aluminum, 15 x 30 x 3 mm. Cheap optics from DX et al.

lampa1.jpg

Epoxied and wired.

lampa2.jpg

Generic driver, 350mA to 1-8 emitters.

lampa3.jpg

Result.

lampa4.jpg

lampa5.jpg

lampa6.jpg

2 x 1 Watt spots. Generic driver for 1-3 emitters @ 350 mA.

lampa7.jpg

Same spots from the kitchen door.

lampa8.jpg

Spots in daylight. Made from GU10 DIY led bulb kits, using heatsink and optic. The heatsinks are epoxied to small L-shaped steel support parts. These have been running since may 2011 on a timer, every night.

lampa9.jpg

Eave light. Hardly visible.
lampa10.jpg

New project in testing. 3 x 3 Watt spots for lighting the garden. Finished after the latest CPF outage, will post more photos on it.

lampa11.jpg

/Stefan

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, the 'scallop' light effect along the outside brickwork is totally sick. :thumbsup: Plus, you're using warmer emitters which adds a lot more class -vs- most of the commercial offerings which are almost always cool white. That alone will draw attention. Curious how long it will take for neighboors to question your handywork and where to get em'.

I have a box of those same honeycomb optics, and man, they are handy for all sorts of things. Excellent job!

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Blasterman, the effect was what I specifically wanted. Have to mount the emitters a bit out from the wall, 3-4 dm at least, to get the effect.

The 3 x 3 watt spot fixture mounted on the wall:

lampa12.jpg

View from the fixture:

lampa13.jpg

A pic of it in operation, it's bright:

lampa14.jpg

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a wave of breakins in our neighborhood right now. Several of the offenders have been taken by the local watch, but the cops wont take them.

Anders Hoveland

Enlightened
There is a wave of breakins in our neighborhood right now.
Yes, there has been a recently growing wave of crime in my city too. Only a decade ago nothing bad ever happened, now things have changed...
guess that is part of the price of helping so many refugees :sigh:

lonesouth

Newly Enlightened
how far apart did you space the LEDs on the wall?

did you use AA or some other epoxy?

Where did you get the drivers?

I've been away for a bit, so I feel like I'm learning a lot of stuff over because the tech has passed me by :p

nitebrite

Enlightened
i just saw something mentioned. is very bright lights and 5000k actually attracting attention? i think i did this all wrong! this is very rural but i thought being the home lit up like the sun would be the one not messed with. i didn't even think to ask the cows haha.