Looking for small LEDs to put on my fishing poles

KevinMassey

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I was hopin' someone on here could help me out. I'm tired of taping glowsticks, so I'm lookin for small cheap LEDs that i could tape or clip onto the tips of my fishing poles. I'd like them to run on one AA, or AAA, and they don't need to be much brighter than a christmas tree lights. Any suggestions or ideas?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Fenix E01?

What will the light be used for at the tip of your fishing pole? If it is just so you can see where the tip is, maybe a tritium vial could work?

Tegan's Dad

Newly Enlightened
Another thought would be to find some GITD O-rings and wrap them around the pole tips. I'm not sure how long that would last, or how bright you want, but it wouldn't interfere much with anything, and recharging would be done by taking a bigger light and shining on the end of the pole for a minute.

Otherwise I've seen some button-cell lights with a switch and clip at various hardware stores. The quality seems pretty low though so I don't think they would be worth much.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheap buttoncell lights handle water pretty well. Held this under the kitchen sink and filled it up with water, then dropped it in the glass for a pic. 5mm led hoocked up to a buttoncell, not that mutch can go wrong. Maby saltwater can short it? The sneaky cat think it's ok for freshwater atleast:)
scaled.php

I got some for "free" when buying at different dealers, so i dont think they cost mutch if you buy 10-20.