Fenix LD41 Beamshots compared to LD40

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
I have done a review of the Fenix LD41, and did some beamshots at night in complete darkness comparing the LD41 to the LD40. The camera I used had its white balance locked and exposure locked so it may be helpful to those interested in the tint differences and the spot/flood comparison. It is a video review on Youtube so I will post the link. If posting the link to the review is problematic then I apologize and Mods please remove my post. Peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwsnH9VdUQc

Last edited:

bbb74

Enlightened
Thanks for that, the intro cracked me up. Showed my wife and she fell for it and banned me from using my LD41 in the house :)

ps. How did you do that by the way?

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
That was very amusing, I'm not going to lie. As to how he did it, he used a lighter underneath the piece of paper to light it. If you look closely you can see the glow off to the side of the hotspot before he corrected it. That made me chuckle though, it really did. I very much enjoyed that review, both for the content and the banter.

p.s. If you don't want me giving up the trick I'll edit this later.

p.s.s. Also, that lighter caught the paper on fire pretty quickly... ;)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the video review! It gives a pretty good idea about the difference between LD40 and LD41! :thumbsup:

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Somehow I wasnt subscribed to this thread for email updates... SimulatedZero was right, I used a lighter on the opposite side of the paper. I actually edited the video to cut through part of the intro because it was taking too long for the paper to ignite. Glad that the review helped a few people, I had fun making it. I passed the LD41 onto someone else on CPFMP and kept my LD40. It definitely was a cool light to play with. Take care

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened
Looks like you did a great review, although I watched it w/o sound since I'm at a cafe with the miss. Thanks for the great comparison outdoors. Glad you kept the ld40. Don't think i'll ever get rid of my ld40 either. Just love it too much with it's neutral tint and tighter beam for outdoors and especially on those more foggy camping nights and mornings.

12many

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that, the intro cracked me up. Showed my wife and she fell for it and banned me from using my LD41 in the house :)

ps. How did you do that by the way?

LD41 I felt was not all the powerful. It's a great light but I may go with a TK41.

your reply to his posting cracked me up dude. Your wife banned you? LOL. I see who wears the pants in the family. You should ban your wife for controlling you. LOL

bbb74

Enlightened
LD41 I felt was not all the powerful. It's a great light but I may go with a TK41.

your reply to his posting cracked me up dude. Your wife banned you? LOL. I see who wears the pants in the family. You should ban your wife for controlling you. LOL

So its your first post and that's all you can come up with? Learn what "tongue in cheek" means, note the smiley face, and grow a sense of humour...

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you feel 500 lumens 'isn't that powerful', then I'd have to ask what your EDC is...

the candle

Newly Enlightened
I heart that the baton s65 (700 lumens max ) it drops from 700 lm to 500 lm in just 5min , does the same thing hapens to the ld41 ? Does drop a big amount of lumens after a few min?

FireWire

Newly Enlightened
Some helpful info for you all

cycle and bike like mount ..

I tried the TwoFish Cycleblock. It works!

to help just a bit, put the tape that goes on a tennis racket handel on the handle bar first.

This TwoFish Cycleblock works!!

so this is the type of holder or mount we need.

I have done a review of the Fenix LD41, and did some beamshots at night in complete darkness comparing the LD41 to the LD40. The camera I used had its white balance locked and exposure locked so it may be helpful to those interested in the tint differences and the spot/flood comparison. It is a video review on Youtube so I will post the link. If posting the link to the review is problematic then I apologize and Mods please remove my post. Peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwsnH9VdUQc

FireWire

Newly Enlightened
If I want to make my LD41 into a red rear bike light. Can I use a red filter? Or will the range of LED light be to narrow a range to be to narrow. In short will it just change the light to pink instead of red?

dandanfrance

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD41

Just got one of these beauties. Low power is great for everyday(night) stuff , and the Turbo mode is out of this world.

Thanks for all the reviews on this forum..
I have made the right choice

FireWire

Newly Enlightened
no it doesn't drop, here is how the only drop or step down happens...
turbo: 520 lumens then steps down to 190 lumens after 30 mins...
but you can go from 190 lumens back to 520 lumens at any time.. just check its thermally not to hot, but in the cool weather its ok..