**NEW** Fenix TK15(S2)

xlight

Banned
Fenix has updated the TK15. There are three differences between the new version and the old version.
*the LED has been updated from R5 to S2, improving the performance of TK15.
*there is a tiny change in the shape near the side switch, making tk15(s2) easy to operate, even with gloves.
*the tk15(s2) features dual recoil absorbing springs, increasing the impact resistance, while tk15(R5) with one spring on the tail.
more detail:http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=174
7836710220_a389a7aa3a_z.jpg

7836656164_108f4bca23_z.jpg

7940825938_4622e6b8ae_z.jpg

Last edited:

fatelvis

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know where you can get one of the new 400 lumen models? Thanks-

Bwolcott

Enlightened
Ill have to see a side by side comparison before I buy the new one, because I love my xpg r5 version

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
I'm still trying to find what Fenix's logic behind this. It is not as bright as the TK21 and almost the same size....maybe it will be a bit cheaper?

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Are you kidding me? I just bought a TK15 the other day. Wouldn't you know it, its the old model. Any chance of fenix switching it? The store i bought it only had this one....now im pissed.....

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
It must put more power to the led also? That is to much of an increase for R5 to S2. I wonder Why they didn't go G2 or when they will, especially for throwers like this.

Bwolcott

Enlightened
I'm still trying to find what Fenix's logic behind this. It is not as bright as the TK21 and almost the same size....maybe it will be a bit cheaper?

the tk15 has been out longer then the tk21 and not all people like the xml leds is my guess why they offer it

UMDTERPS

Newly Enlightened

Some people like more throwers. I kind of fit in this category, when I go on a run at night and if im going into a real dark area sometimes a bit more throw comes in handy to see whats ahead. Also, it has a clip! BTW I'm looking online and the prices are around $80....

Last edited:

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Some people like more throwers. I kind of fit in this category, when I go on a run at night and if im going into a real dark area sometimes a bit more throw comes in handy to see whats ahead. Also, it has a clip! BTW I'm looking online and the prices are around $80....

Agreed, I prefer XP-G lights because they throw better in the same size packge. The TK21 is a little too bulky for my taste and it's nice that I have the option between the two of them.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
It must put more power to the led also? That is to much of an increase for R5 to S2. I wonder Why they didn't go G2 or when they will, especially for throwers like this.

That is a good point. The XP-G2 is also cheaper than the XP-G S2. I am hoping more manufactures will start using the XP-G2.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first I didn't notice this thread because I didn't know it's an upgraded TK15. Interesting; it throws almost like E40. But with much brighter spill of course. Compared to my old TK10 the difference really will be significant! But then it will possibly be upgraded again with a G2...:sssh:

XPerties

Newly Enlightened
I just got back from fenixoutfitters.com shop and grabbed the new TK15 package deal. I love the design and features of this light.