Imalent

Thread: Ugly Duckling Bike Light

Default Ugly Duckling Bike Light

I'm working on my "Ugly Duckling Bikelight". Its uggly right now but maybe it will transform int o a beutiful swan. All joking aside, its realy ugly right now but I plan on painting it, bondoing, and sanding.

Default Re: Ugly Duckling Bike Light

It has 5 xml easywhite 12v led driven at .75a each.

Looks like a fun project! I have to admit that my first thought upon looking at the picture is "is the body made out of fiberglass", followed quickly by "where's the heatsink??". I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Steve K.

I accidentally killed it. I wired the driver in reverse and I really don't want to rebuild it. I've cut apart the housing and i'm not sure what i'm going to do with the leds now. The heatsink was inside, I used a small fan to blow air through the light.

Flashaholic
    With your sister, somewhere you wouldn't like

Which bits are broken? If the driver's let the "magic smoke" out, then that's not a rebuild, but replacement. If the LEDs have karked it, then it may depend on the strength of your epoxy.

Rebuilding's worth doing; it's a past time I've had to endure countless times after the rutted nightmares of south west London have taken their toll. However, after 3 months of almost daily tweaks, extra blu-tac and gaffer tape, there's been very little repairs needed since June. It also teaches you patience, grasshopper.
    FCN - 9
    #itsnotarace