Need advice on 3v p60 drop in

pmcdougal

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a Solar Force L2M. The body has a spacer that can be removed making a single CR123 light. Does anyone have a recommendation for a 3v drop in for this setup?

Thanks

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Geee what do you want XP-G? XM-L? How many modes? Malkoff has some great ones, I'm going to use the M31LL for a 1 CR123 battery vampire. Most dropins people sell on here are for a single cell at 4.2v and should work at 3.

pmcdougal

Newly Enlightened
My preference would be for a XM-L that runs regulated at 3V. I looked at the Malkoff dropins (I have several of the M60s and M61s) but it is not clear to me where I would need to get a VME head or if it would fit the SolarForce head. Additionally, this would be a secondary light so I would prefer something less that the $70 that they are going for...

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'm not well versed in P60 drop-ins but if you are up to it, you can build one yourself. A 2AA driver/3v + an XM-L on a round MCPCB + empty P60 drop-in will give you want your want. There are only a few points to solder and should be pretty quick to do.

There are also some budget P60 drop-ins with 4.2v max, those might have boost drivers, or were meant for 1 Li-ion battery.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Some other people have to chime in im looking for one to. What is the most efficient LED to put out about 30-40lm for a usable battery vampire?