Trail Blazer Sawvivor Saw

CLHC

Flashaholic
This one I got a couple of days ago.

Weights and Measures

Saw Blade and Attachment

Saw to Frame Attachment Points

Initial Counter Top Impressions

This is one lightweight "packable" collapsible saw made of Aluminium. One thing I did notice is that burrs can be felt on the edges of the frame and handle where they fold. The Trail Blazer Saw's attachment ends are also sharp!

The red tension screw on the handle is made of plastic and when tensioning, I can see where it'll "fatigue" (as in hurt) one's fingers while turning due to its size how tight when turning. Also, I don't think the front end saw attachment is secure enough when tightening up and may eventually loosen since it's just riveted to the frame. Imagine if that did happen when you're out and about in the woods. Maybe a bolt and nut would have been better?

What I noticed with this particular Trail Blazer Sawvivor Saw is that the blade has some side-to-side play when attached, and that's even after I've tensioned the screw quite a bit. Meaning that it's not that the saw blade isn't rigid when fastened.

Other than that this Trail Blazer Sawvivor Saw appears to be a functional saw. That's just my initial impressions of this product.