Question about Led Lenser

Raygon

Newly Enlightened
Hey i am kinda new on forums and wanted to ask someone that may know a bitt more then me what they think about the Led Lenser P14 and P7 (own both) and what other lights may be considered upgrades

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
But he's asking about products better than Lenser :) but of course that begs the statement:

Most Everything > LED Lenser

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
I have a mate that has both P14 &P7 they are good lights when used with NiMh battery's even tho the manufacture specs alkaline only!

The downside to the led lenser P series is that they have no regulation and poor heat sinking. There are better lights available for less money.

The upside is the ability to focus the beam as needed.

bbb74

Enlightened
If you want a focussing type light then there aren't really any other options that are better.

Having said that, there are heaps of lights that are technically better built and better quality (eg. better runtimes, better anodising, allow NiMH batteries, are water proof, properly regulated (steady output) etc etc), the lensers are way overpriced in my opinion. Look at Fenix, 4sevens to name just a couple.

Raygon

Newly Enlightened
tnx for ansers but to be honest i kinda think i wasn't clear about what i needed so let me take it again i am actualy looking for other alternatives that can replace my P7 so if you know anyting of similar size and price or lights that is totaly different but may be of interest then i want to know

P14 is mostly for backup since its very large but got good battery time so dont worry about it

Last edited:

Raygon

Newly Enlightened
is this thread dead? just wondering since i still need an anser ^^

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Here are a few questions that might help you find what you need:\

What type of beam pattern would you like? Batteries? Modes? Size? Price?

Maybe update your first post with the Flashlight Recommendation Checklist.

Personally, I like AA batteries. Look at the 4sevens Quark series, Shiningbeam's lights are also good at a lower price range, Sunwayman also makes nice lights, along with Jetbeam, Olight, Fenix, Klarus, Thrunite, Nitecore...

:welcome:

rambo180

Enlightened
Here are a few questions that might help you find what you need:\

What type of beam pattern would you like? Batteries? Modes? Size? Price?

Maybe update your first post with the Flashlight Recommendation Checklist.

Personally, I like AA batteries. Look at the 4sevens Quark series, Shiningbeam's lights are also good at a lower price range, Sunwayman also makes nice lights, along with Jetbeam, Olight, Fenix, Klarus, Thrunite, Nitecore...

:welcome:

Maglite make some nice budget lights. AA Pro+ ?

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO 18650 "power" flashlights are an excellent compromise between runtime & size, there are many great lights in this form factor you would benefit most from doing your own research regarding a light to fit your specific needs... a good place to start would be the user reviews section of CPF :thumbsup:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any light here is better than the Led Lenser's hahaha! Peace! I own K3, P3, P14 so no stranger to Led Lensers, it was when I found out about this forum that i stopped buying led lenser lights. :)

Raygon

Newly Enlightened
i must admit i have been to a local store and asked if they was able to get there hands on the TK 41 (same store i got my led lensers in) and i am still waiting so i guess befor i pay i can ask what ppl think about it and yes its the U2 edition

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix TK41's okay, but you have to use 8xAA cells for it to work. Too many IMHO.

Try checking out Fenix's smaller lights that run on 18650's, might be a better buy.