ANY IDEA OF NEW LED GROW LIGHT ?

domnic0724

Newly Enlightened
Im new here,new on led grow light.

Would you guys share me about any idea about new led grow light?

You could think about the new light from below points:
1. Outward appearance
2. Functions
3. Craftmanship
4. Quality
5. Design

WeLight

Enlightened
how about a single package with the 12 die of mixed far, deep red,royal blue, green, 430nmUV, amber. would that sort of led be usable. It is a new custom package being developed as we speak

Anders Hoveland

Enlightened
Full spectrum grow lights are not the most efficient for growing plants. Chlorophyll has certain peak frequencies of light that it absorbs most efficiently, so the frequency output of the growlights should match as close to these peaks as possible without sacrificing too much efficiency in the light source itself. In addition, there are also certain other frequencies of light that can contribute to flowering in some species.

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you imagine you are among the first to think of this as a possible solution to indoor growing?

This phenomenon was, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, described as a delusion of grandeur.

obi

SemiMan

Banned
It sounds like it would be overly expensive to produce without producing the benefits needed. Sure it may be better for some plants, but efficiency is everything with indoor farming and not having the best die for the best colors may not make sense.

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done a lot of experimenting with different types of LED's used for anything from houseplants to reef tanks, and results are as frustrating as they are varied. If it was just a case of throwing lots of royal blue and orange-red light on plants we'd be all set with LED's, but it's more complicated than that. Full spectrum light sources have their advocates, and the truth is that not everything responds to a light source dominated by 450nm and 625nm wavelengths. Plants don't read Wikipedia articles and white papers about in-vitro chlorophyll absorption.

After looking back at some of my own growth tests I'm drawing to a frustrating conclusion that 470nm-475 blue might actually work better than 450nm or even white LED light for vegetative growth. Good luck finding a white LED that's not anemic in that wavelength.

It sounds like WeLight is approaching this from the 'full spectrum' angle, and also will have the ability to tune the light source as a by product. You can't do the later with a full spectrum T5 or Halide, and I don't think his goal is to light acres of green houses.