Imalent
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bay area get together.

Default Bay area get together.

I was thinking of something George told me the other day. Getting together at a back room of round table or pizza hut place. I think we can have a little get together, share some flashlights and meet.

Like I have time to go out and socialize... But, I would be interested and I could even provide a few goodies to be raffled off to some lucky CPF'er. No kids. Hubbies and wifes are OK.

Meet should last no longer that 2 hours. A clean cut and exit strategy should exist. Otherwise, I'll sit and chit chat all night long.

I'm thinking of the Fremont/Milpitas area near the junction of 880/680/Montague. Close to a Freeway.

It could be informal as little as two people. No more than a dozen I would think. Could be a regular meeting once a month, 1st friday night of the month etc etc...

Any interest?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Bay area get together.

I would be very interested. I live up by SFO so it is kinda a long haul for me but I would be game. Friday's are kinda bad for me 'cause I have recurring appointments every friday almost, so that would me more of a limiting factor for me. If time is to be limited, maybe another weeknight would be better since it would provide more motivation to end on time since we would all have to go to work the next day.

It would be very cool to meet some of you and see what kind of toys you all have [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cool Daddy Administrator

Fremont? Hell, I thought we were talking about NORTHERN CA. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, if it is a long haul from SFO, it is a WAY long haul for poor ol' Darell. I'd love to do it, but that's a hell of a drive, and I'd need take a gas car...

Let's meet in Sacramento. The HEART of Northern CA. OK, maybe not.

I'm game - not a Tuesday night would be the only requirement, well, and enough warning to get a 'pass' from the 'boss' and not the thanksgiving week in November.

If CPFer's live on the route between Darell and the meeting place - maybe he can 'recharge' on the way, might take him a little longer though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

george.

Wayne,

How about your friend's Tai restaurant? I'm game. Maybe I can bring PK's toys with me to this before I send them back to PK. Heck, maybe we can get the Photon King to come up ; nah, I think he'll be too busy.

- Don

Flashaholic*

So how soon are we thinking about this. I think it would be really cool to meet up with some of you. I am currently converting a friend to flashaholic status too, so I'll probably bring him along.

I'd be good to come, assuming it didn't conflict with other obligations... Would it be open to flashaholics, even if they were under drinking age (i.e. no beer for them)?

Paul

If we do it an Pizza joint - then of course there's no realistic age limit.

SO - who's going to take the ball and actually co-ordinate this event? i.e. pick a place & time & depending on head count at least reserve some room?

george.

Not me (too busy with everything else)...

Hey, if the timing worked out, perhaps I could deliver the 6W UV LEDs to you local guys and save on the postage... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Paul

Let's do this quick. Pick a day and be done with it. I know talking about will take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So, that said. Anyday is a bad day for me. No better no worse. My schedule this coming week is:
    Open all week. The following week is worse. Working on a family function and that will take most of my time as the deadline approaches.

How about This Friday. around 7:30pm at a Pizza hut or the Tai restaruant. Lemme tell you the Tai food is excellent. But, there is no corner or quite are to gabble, we'd have to outside to play with any toys over a few lux.

I'll cast this is stone in a few days. I doubt the time will change, just the last minute location if there is any other alternate or sutable place we all can find.

Wayne

Ok, sounds good... I like Tai food [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I can make that date... Now, where is this located? Address should be fine, I trust we all know how to work mapquest...

I'm in.

I work at LTC near Montague/880, so that whole area is close.

GregR

I'm in.

Friday evening this week is free (once I get my 'pass').

Let's DO IT!

george.

Flashaholic*

I think I should be able to swing this Friday. I would vote for the Pizza place, as I would rather be in an area dedicated to us so I could really check out the cool lights that some of you guys might be bringing. Either way, I think I am in, let me know where we are going to meet.

Cool Daddy Administrator

As usual - I anoint Don as my proxy. He's almost as annoying as I am, so this works out well for everybody I think.

Grrr. I'd love to do this - but I'm looking at maybe four hours of driving? Damn.

Map to My Thai.

Mapquest map

Cool Daddy Administrator

OK, officially 180 miles and 3 hours round-trip for me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I do that kind of driving all the time - but usually for a whole weekend. Who's house can we go sleep over at? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

*** Edit: Pretty funny - on the Mapquest page, a little add comes up and says that I could save $8.13 on this trip if I drove a 2004 Prius. I guess they don't quite have all the information about what I currently DO drive. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I need to check with the Photon King but I should have his "goodies" back from the gang in NJ in time to bring these along. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

- Don

Darell, you should have been there............

Don, Awesome... Can I keep it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

Sounds like about 10 people or less. I'll go ahead and make the reservations for 10. I'm sure we can accomodate more. Please let me know if we are going over that head count so I can inform the place. It is not a big place and it will be packed on Fridays.

I like pizza too... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll bring a friend as well. It would be more convenient for us to ride bart, would anyone be willing to pick us up from the union street station? It's only 2.23 miles... I suppose we could walk (maybe it will be dark enough to use flashlights?) but it would more more convenient to catch a ride...

Flashaholic*

Fire, I'm not familiar with that side of the bay, but if you can't find a ride give me a holler and I'll see what I can do.

Cool Daddy Administrator

[ QUOTE ]
    McGizmo said:
    Darell, you should have been there............

[/ QUOTE ]
    Dang! At least let me miss it first before I start feeling bad!

Has a time on this been set? Tell me about 1/2 hour earlier than the actual time and I won't be too late. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Darell,
    You should have been born feeling bad and it's about time you started doing something about it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

unnerv: Thanks, I'll probably take you up on that. As I said before, mapquest says it isn't far, so 3 turns probably shouldn't stress your navigational skills too much... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for putting this together, guys...

Paul

Flashaholic*

Fire, sounds good, I PM'd you with my cel phone in case you need to get a hold of me that night. I'll see you there.

Great. Make the time around 7:30ish (solidify that later), if you get there before, it's only 3 minutes between the station and the pizza place, so no great problem.

Flashaholic*

Oh well, I guess this is what I get for now looking at CPF for a couple of days (or not looking closely enough).

I'm going to be out of town this weekend, but I hope to see you guys next time....