Bay area get together.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of something George told me the other day. Getting together at a back room of round table or pizza hut place. I think we can have a little get together, share some flashlights and meet.

Like I have time to go out and socialize... But, I would be interested and I could even provide a few goodies to be raffled off to some lucky CPF'er. No kids. Hubbies and wifes are OK.

Meet should last no longer that 2 hours. A clean cut and exit strategy should exist. Otherwise, I'll sit and chit chat all night long.

I'm thinking of the Fremont/Milpitas area near the junction of 880/680/Montague. Close to a Freeway.

It could be informal as little as two people. No more than a dozen I would think. Could be a regular meeting once a month, 1st friday night of the month etc etc...

Any interest?

unnerv

Enlightened
I would be very interested. I live up by SFO so it is kinda a long haul for me but I would be game. Friday's are kinda bad for me 'cause I have recurring appointments every friday almost, so that would me more of a limiting factor for me. If time is to be limited, maybe another weeknight would be better since it would provide more motivation to end on time since we would all have to go to work the next day.

It would be very cool to meet some of you and see what kind of toys you all have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Fremont? Hell, I thought we were talking about NORTHERN CA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, if it is a long haul from SFO, it is a WAY long haul for poor ol' Darell. I'd love to do it, but that's a hell of a drive, and I'd need take a gas car...

Let's meet in Sacramento. The HEART of Northern CA. OK, maybe not.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm game - not a Tuesday night would be the only requirement, well, and enough warning to get a 'pass' from the 'boss' and not the thanksgiving week in November.

If CPFer's live on the route between Darell and the meeting place - maybe he can 'recharge' on the way, might take him a little longer though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

george.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Wayne,

How about your friend's Tai restaurant? I'm game. Maybe I can bring PK's toys with me to this before I send them back to PK. Heck, maybe we can get the Photon King to come up ; nah, I think he'll be too busy.

- Don

unnerv

Enlightened
So how soon are we thinking about this. I think it would be really cool to meet up with some of you. I am currently converting a friend to flashaholic status too, so I'll probably bring him along.

TheFire

Enlightened
I'd be good to come, assuming it didn't conflict with other obligations... Would it be open to flashaholics, even if they were under drinking age (i.e. no beer for them)?

Paul

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we do it an Pizza joint - then of course there's no realistic age limit.

SO - who's going to take the ball and actually co-ordinate this event? i.e. pick a place & time & depending on head count at least reserve some room?

george.

TheFire

Enlightened
Not me (too busy with everything else)...

Hey, if the timing worked out, perhaps I could deliver the 6W UV LEDs to you local guys and save on the postage... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's do this quick. Pick a day and be done with it. I know talking about will take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So, that said. Anyday is a bad day for me. No better no worse. My schedule this coming week is:
Open all week. The following week is worse. Working on a family function and that will take most of my time as the deadline approaches.

How about This Friday. around 7:30pm at a Pizza hut or the Tai restaruant. Lemme tell you the Tai food is excellent. But, there is no corner or quite are to gabble, we'd have to outside to play with any toys over a few lux.

I'll cast this is stone in a few days. I doubt the time will change, just the last minute location if there is any other alternate or sutable place we all can find.

Wayne

TheFire

Enlightened
Ok, sounds good... I like Tai food /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I can make that date... Now, where is this located? Address should be fine, I trust we all know how to work mapquest...

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in.

I work at LTC near Montague/880, so that whole area is close.

GregR

unnerv

Enlightened
I think I should be able to swing this Friday. I would vote for the Pizza place, as I would rather be in an area dedicated to us so I could really check out the cool lights that some of you guys might be bringing. Either way, I think I am in, let me know where we are going to meet.

Darell

Flashaholic
As usual - I anoint Don as my proxy. He's almost as annoying as I am, so this works out well for everybody I think.

Grrr. I'd love to do this - but I'm looking at maybe four hours of driving? Damn.

Darell

Flashaholic
OK, officially 180 miles and 3 hours round-trip for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I do that kind of driving all the time - but usually for a whole weekend. Who's house can we go sleep over at? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

*** Edit: Pretty funny - on the Mapquest page, a little add comes up and says that I could save $8.13 on this trip if I drove a 2004 Prius. I guess they don't quite have all the information about what I currently DO drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif