ge 6054ho vs 6054 Nighthawk?

wusthof

Newly Enlightened
I am now driving a new Freightliner, But need headlights very badly..... After some research, I figured that the ge Nighthawk +30s would be my next purchase but then I stumbled across some ge 6054ho +80s. I always thought that the Nighthawk series was GE's premium series? Any insight guys? TIA

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
I am now driving a new Freightliner, But need headlights very badly..... After some research, I figured that the ge Nighthawk +30s would be my next purchase but then I stumbled across some ge 6054ho +80s. I always thought that the Nighthawk series was GE's premium series? Any insight guys? TIA

I've never used the sealed beam Nighthawk, ( the Nighthawk products that I've tryed I wasn't to impressed with) but I've used the H6054HO and think that they are pretty good compared to standard sealed beam which are 45W low beam. I installed these on a company rig and would've probably liked the lamps better if I had installed a relayed harness. The factory wiring on the Ford Econoline van leaves something to be desired.

Another option for you is to dump the sealed beam all together and go with a H6054 replacement housing that takes an H4 replaceable bulb ( if you go this route, consider using Osram #64205 70/65W Rallye Hyper +50 H4's) and install a heavy duty relayed harness. Headlightservices.com is a good place to start.

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The Night Hawks are really the only sealed beams I am willing to use at night. They do have the limitations inherent in a sealed-beam headlamp, and their lifespan is short relative to other sealed beams (this is the price to be paid for higher performance) but it's not ridiculously short and they really are far better than any other sealed beam. The "HO" is much older and not worth looking at since you can get the Night Hawks. Eventually put in relays no matter what headlamps you pick, and -- again, no matter what headlamps you pick -- make sure they are aimed carefully and properly. "Close enough" really is not. Good aim information here. If you eventually decide to go to an H4 unit, choose carefully because most of what's available isn't worth buying. In the 6054 size, I would not put anything but Cibies or Koitos.

wusthof

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a bunch of guys, the Nighthawks they will be.... I just wish I could afford some J W speakers!