SunwayLED
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: ZL SC600?

  1. #1

    Default ZL SC600?

    Read the reviews on this light but not quite clear on if it memorizes the last setting. Another words, if turned off, turned on two hours later will it come back on...on say medium?

  2. #2

    Default Re: ZL SC600?

    No Zebralight works that way. Short press for high, long press for low and double click for medium. It's actually a really awesome way to have the interface since you can always instantly get to the mode you want from off.

  3. #3

    Default Re: ZL SC600?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik1213 View Post
    No Zebralight works that way. Short press for high, long press for low and double click for medium. It's actually a really awesome way to have the interface since you can always instantly get to the mode you want from off.
    Thanks Wish it would just come on at the last setting so night vision is not diminished. And sounds a bit like a pain...

  4. #4
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    293

    Default Re: ZL SC600?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badbeams3 View Post
    Thanks Wish it would just come on at the last setting so night vision is not diminished. And sounds a bit like a pain...
    It's not a pain at all. The long press for low is maybe a second and for high is half a second. I like it better than mode memory.
    Need...... more...... lights!

  5. #5

    Default Re: ZL SC600?

    Quote Originally Posted by my#1hobby View Post
    It's not a pain at all. The long press for low is maybe a second and for high is half a second. I like it better than mode memory.
    Does it light on high during the 1 second long press?

  6. #6

    Default Re: ZL SC600?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badbeams3 View Post
    Does it light on high during the 1 second long press?
    Nope. Straight in to low. It's really nice.

  7. #7

    Default Re: ZL SC600?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik1213 View Post
    Nope. Straight in to low. It's really nice.
    Oh, ok. I could live with that...thanks

  8. #8

    Default Re: ZL SC600?

    What actually happens is that there are three levels, but those levels are divided into two sub-levels.
    Thus, there is low 1 and low 2, medium 1 and medium 2, and high 1 and high 2.
    A quick double click switches between the two sub-levels.

    A slow long press gives low.
    A fast short press gives high.
    Holding the button down ramps from low, to medium, to high, and this cycles over and over.
    Most of the time, flashlights are used on turbo, or low; medium least frequently, for most people.

    The actual sub-levels are remembered by the flashlight.
    So if you were previously on sub-level low 1, then it will turn on at sub-level low 1.
    If you were previously on sub-level high 2, then it will turn on at sub-level high 2.
    So the actual sub-level is remembered.
    A quick double click switches between the two sub-levels.

    The only problem with the SC600 is that not everyone wants a 30mm bezel diameter; some may prefer a smaller 1 inch 25mm bezel diameter.
    Also, the usage and timing of the button takes a while to get use to.
    Even after 10 months, I will occassionally accidentally turn my SC600 on turbo 750 lumens OTF at 3 am in the morning just out of bed!
    Hence the SC600 is not the finest bedside light; it is better for medium distances like the back yard etc.
    I just purchased a Jetbeam RRT-01 which should be perfect for the bedside, with a continuous adjustment ring, and a super low low, but only 500 lumens...

  9. #9

    Default Re: ZL SC600?

    i wish the SC600 would drop down to the 60-something range.

    if you saw the distributor price to the actual retail price, you'd flip! hahaha

  10. #10

    Default Re: ZL SC600?

    Quote Originally Posted by roadkill1109 View Post
    i wish the SC600 would drop down to the 60-something range.

    if you saw the distributor price to the actual retail price, you'd flip! hahaha
    I bet. But probably the same cost/price thing for most lights...I guess...

  11. #11

    Default Re: ZL SC600?

    yeah, well, they're in the biz to make money, and its working out for them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •