OLIGHT SR95 - Quick 'n' dirty layperson's review

Arif

Newly Enlightened
Hi Collective!

Haven't posted here on a while - but compelled to on account of the light in the subject heading.

It's simply FANTASTIC!

I was torn over whether or not to have it, as already had the SR90 - but now that I've compared the two, the SR90 is going into long-term stowage (well - the head anyway).

The SR95 physicially is a much lovelier light - matte black, and extremely well-finished.

It's smaller.

It's lighter.

It has a usable low and medium.

And yet puts out as much throw as the SR90. I didn't detect any more throw as such - but overall lumens I can believe is greater on account of a much more usable and filled-out bright beam-pattern.

Further - the colour-temperature is warm when compared with the steely-blue of the SR90 (which further frustrates any visual attempt at throw (lux) comparisons) - This warmth of course makes it much more usable again.

The beam-pattern is also much more usable - not as tightly-focused at the SR90. The occasion to need a beam that tight will be few and far between, and even for Search & Rescue or anything like it - you need some spill, as long as the hotspot is still as intense.

As mentioned on here elsewhere already - it is simply emminently carryable and usable on account of its relatively compact size, and lightness - with the SR90 I had to seriously think about and justify ever taking it out.

So now - between the SR92 and the SR95 - we have the full range from flood to throw, in my opinion.

My 'civil' light is now the Fenix TK45.

By the way - a similar pairing (albeit with a lot fewer lumens) - would be the TK45 and TK41, respectively. The TK41 is comparable to the SR90 on lower-power - which is saying something!

Thanks for reading - and any real-world questions for the layperson - ask away!

Arif

Light bought from the brilliant Flashaholics (Anthony)