• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

How do you remove a qtc pill?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Eiger lug body with a gen 1 qtc pill that I want to remove and just run the light straight. What's the best way to get the qtc out?

Flashlight Enthusiast
push it out of the barrel with the negative end of a battery and something to push the battery with

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a lug body. Only open on one end. It would have to be pulled out. It's is soldiered in place? Glue? Friction? Is it permanent?

manoloco

Enlightened
I have an Eiger lug body with a gen 1 qtc pill that I want to remove and just run the light straight. What's the best way to get the qtc out?

Gen 1 pills are notoriously hard to remove from a lug body, what i usually do with my other lights is just tap hard into the palm of my other hand like 3-4 times and the pill just comes off, if that doesnt work (and im pretty sure it wont because the thing that holds it in place is an o-ring and its a tight fit), try lubing the sides of that o-ring with your regular flashlight lube (o-ring friendly) with a syringe and do the tapping thing previously explained.

another take would be to use a lockpick to remove it, but its a tool not very available.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a thread a while back someone used a small dental pick. A rubber o-ring around the pill holds it securely in place.

gunga

Flashaholic
I have a thin brass rod. I bent the end and flattened the bent end. I use this to pull out the pill. It's a Pita, but works.

The new pills come out by slapping into the palm. A much better system.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I finally got it out by bending a tiny hook onto the end of a paperclip.