Brass or Copper Tri Edc

cubebike

Enlightened
I received my Ti Tri Edc recently and it becomes my edc since day one.
I am looking for some advice for the getting another Mac-Brass or Copper Tri Edc. I have Maratac AAA Copper, I found that the aging process of the copper was amazing. How about Brass? Any owners of Brass and/or Copper please share your pros/cons. Also, is the Carclo front optics glued on Mac's Tri Edc. I wanna to buy the optics drilled for Tritium over the forum.

Thanks

20120906132923.jpg

Last edited:

Empire

Banned
I am looking for some advice for the getting Brass or Copper Tri Edc from Mac. I have Maratac AAA Copper recently, I found that the aging process of the copper was amazing. How about Brass? Any owners of Brass and/or Copper please share your pros/cons. Also, is the Carclo front optics glued on Mac's Tri Edc. I wanna to buy the optics drilled for Tritium.

Thanks
Id go with the brass for its strength.
Although I don't own any Tri-EDC

kadinh

Newly Enlightened
By itself, brass will develop a patina like copper. In my experience, brass is slower than copper doing this, but both can have a patina or verdigris forced on them for faster development.

cubebike

Enlightened
Ordered a Brass 2 hours ago. Looking forward to my new toys. Also ordered some trits and the drilled lens for the Tri EDC. Will post some pics after everything is done! :party:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey I'm getting a Tri EDC too, where did you get the lens and what size trits does it hold?

cubebike

Enlightened
The lens from the candlepower forums custom sell/buy/trade page. The maker is thatspec and Trit is Bart Trit 1.5x5mm! Ordered everything today and I think it takes 3-4 weeks to arrive !

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip! Maybe I'll see you in Hong Kong this Christmas with my lights:)

cubebike

Enlightened
KuanR ! Sure. My number still the same. We can have a drink and do take your Coolfall stuffs and Mac stuffs

Jakeyb

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a brass one. I sure hope I like it. Not as much money as I thought it would be. Only 300