Imalent        
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XPL/XGP2/219)

Enlightened

Default Re: Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XGP2/219)

I paid by PayPal as well, so it seems we have a glitch in the system, unless more than one was available. :-)

We got you covered.
    Control the Dark™

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Geez guys. It's just a flashlight. :/

If I had a nickel for every light I missed out on I'd have enough for a ribeye.

Congrats Dan, you'll love it!!!

Guys, take it easy on them. At least they are keeping us informed and do reply to questions asked. Unlike some other dealer/modders that won't give you the time of day to respond. I'm also a self employed business person and understand there's only so much time in one day. I also live by the rule, if you're to busy or unwilling to acknowledge me then you don't need my business. The guys at Oveready have always been great to deal with and put out some great products. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Geez guys. It's just a flashlight. :/

If I had a nickel for every light I missed out on I'd have enough for a ribeye.

Congrats Dan, you'll love it!!!
    +1

I am pretty excited about this one. E2E is one of my favorite lights, and our friends have turned it into a beautiful monster!

From the tone of the posts on here, I won't be surprised if the '1 light release a day for fair chance' idea is killed off. They're a small company handbuilding a lot of great items.

Just can't make everybody happy.
    Last edited by Cerealand; 09-27-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Flashaholic

I think a few people need to re-read Electron Guru's key post here and relax a little bit:

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Keep in mind, the issue is not supply. Many E2's are in the channel, perhaps even enough to supply one to most of those who want one. This will be going on for some time, likely through to December. The issue is speed. These are labor intensive and Tom hand builds each one personally, to the tune of maybe two per day (final assembly), creating the equivalent of a full time job.

As with the iPhone, most of the demand (and competition) is up front, in the first few weeks. Next month should be easier and the month after that, easier still.
    If anything, I would've thought it would be the e1e version that would be getting this kind of attention, since there are only 20 of those being released.

Based on the explination of how much work goes into each one, and the idea of trying to get them into folks' hands as quickly as possible, I think it's working as smoothly as possible. Anyone remember the McGizmo wave announcements, or the stampedes involved in Data's 007 batch releases? A Milky sprint run? (I know more than a few of you do...) Good will, excitement, and congratulations all around for the lucky few who scored, and very little if any public angst if you weren't so lucky... I think that kind of customer reaction encourages the builders to continue what they do far more than criticism of their chosen process for offering the lights they do. I understand frustration at the feeding frenzy as much as the next flashaholic, but I'm pretty sure these are as much a labor of love as anything else. $300 sounds like a lot of money until you factor in all the hand work involved to turn these out one at a time. I'm just glad the chance is there to score one of these hot rods! Congrats to those who have, and good luck to everyone still trying!
    Last edited by scout24; 09-27-2012 at 02:08 PM.

I put a LX2 clip on mine today, and the E2 clip on the LX2.

So is it just crazy bright at 1600 lumen? My Wildcat is nuts at 1150 - I can't imagine how amazing this little beauty will be at 1600!!!

:

Very nice PSM! Me Want...

Quote Originally Posted by run4jc View Post
    So is it just crazy bright at 1600 lumen? My Wildcat is nuts at 1150 - I can't imagine how amazing this little beauty will be at 1600!!!

:
    Yes it's crazy bright. On 2x18350 you get the full 1600. But the copper is so efficient, it gets HOT quickly. I have decided to just keep a 18650 in mine, unless I want to show off.

The high on a 18650 gets hot too, but nearly as quick.

I absolutely love this setup, especially now that its bezel down carry.

Thanks for your comment Greg!

I'll bet it warms right up! Emitters, optics, etc. Not a heckuva lot of thermal mass! Bezel down rules, and the tail shroud really sets it off. I've got a big soft spot for E- series SF's, and this is just sick... RUNTIME BE DAMNED! FULL SPEED AHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Based on the explination of how much work goes into each one, and the idea of trying to get them into folks' hands as quickly as possible, I think it's working as smoothly as possible. Anyone remember the McGizmo wave announcements, or the stampedes involved in Data's 007 batch releases? A Milky sprint run? (I know more than a few of you do...) Good will, excitement, and congratulations all around for the lucky few who scored, and very little if any public angst if you weren't so lucky... I think that kind of customer reaction encourages the builders to continue what they do far more than criticism of their chosen process for offering the lights they do. I understand frustration at the feeding frenzy as much as the next flashaholic, but I'm pretty sure these are as much a labor of love as anything else. $300 sounds like a lot of money until you factor in all the hand work involved to turn these out one at a time. I'm just glad the chance is there to score one of these hot rods! Congrats to those who have, and good luck to everyone still trying!
    It was a stampede, but I had a much easier time scoring the much more expensive Spy 007 vs. this thing.
    Small: MJP Extreme III • Orb Raw Ti and NS
    Medium: Oveready Triple Copper E2e
    • MJP-E3e (15-3Ostar) • Surefire L4 (MC-E) • LensLight Mini
    Large: Surefire M6-WA1185 • M-Zep MZXR-7a

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    I won't be surprised if the '1 light release a day for fair chance' idea is killed off. They're a small company handbuilding a lot of great items.
    True, there is not enough supply (at this point) to meet demand and folks got a bit desperate.

Its also true that releasing one per day made things much worse. Sorry everyone.

The rest of Batch 2 will be released in a single day, with advanced notice here.
    Control the Dark™

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Hi EG, I recently purchased an FM54 to go along with my Triple Copper E1E/E2E so that I can have a floody beam. Since the FM54 uses a rubbery material to grip the head and then tightened with a screw, hence no metal to metal contact, would this hinder the performance since the heat may be insulated? I put the triple on an E2E body for full power and ran it on high for a while last night for kicks and it got pretty hot, which I've learned is a good thing. Most of the time, I'd run it on low and medium anyway, but should I just do without the FM54 if it impedes performance?

I don't know if this is doable, but a version of the E1E with a Ti tailstanding shroud AND a Ti bezel in the front would be perfect. The anodizing would be protected from drop damage in all the most likely places it might hit the ground. I always liked the E1E, but I couldn't get over the vulnerability of the anodizing, especially with fancy custom internals like this version has. But if it had Ti at both ends, I'd jump in line to get one.

^^ You have a point, but at a trade off of less heat dissapation. I agree, I am reluctanct to carry mine outside of the house. But if that bezel was copper....

^^ You have a point, but at a trade off of less heat dissapation. I agree, I am reluctanct to carry mine outside of the house. But if that bezel was copper....
    Wrist lanyard for me....no way that I can resist carrying this beast outdoors when it arrives! It will have to be one of my ultimate "dog walk after dark" lights. Up until now the Malkoff Hound Dog (for throw) and Wildcat for (oh, sh*t that's bright) have alternated duty...the thought of an E2E with, what, 500 lumen(?) on medium is just irresistible!

Shoot, I may use my droid carabiner and ti chain to avoid 'droppage', but this puppy is going to be used!!!

My FM54 arrived earlier than scheduled. I was worried too about ruining the bezel, but not anymore! I'm fine with scratching the FM54 up

On two cells medium should be 336L OTF.

1600L on high is emitter lumens according to OR website. So 30% loss going OTF puts about 1120L OTF on high.

On two cells medium should be 336L OTF.

1600L on high is emitter lumens according to OR website. So 30% loss going OTF puts about 1120L OTF on high.
    Makes perfect sense - I'll pop it in my sphere when it arrives and see what it produces at turn on and after 10 or 15 seconds. Regardless, that's an incredible amount of light to come out of the venerable E2E!!

We are posting E's today. Here are the details:

configurations: E2e/LMH/H3c/XPG2 (100%)
    time window: now through the next 12 hours
    quantities: 3-4 sets, 2-4 at a time
    ship day: monday, Oct 1
    sold out notification: Post 1
    next release ETA: 2 weeks
    Control the Dark™

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Get em!!!!

Gone!

I got one!
    Are these upgraded with a McCliky switch?

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    We are posting E's today. Here are the details:
    configurations: E2e/LMH/H3c/XPG2 (100%)
    time window: now through the next 12 hours
    quantities: 3-4 sets, 2-4 at a time
    ship day: monday, Oct 1
    sold out notification: Post 1
    next release ETA: 2 weeks

Any clues about the next E1s?

Quote Originally Posted by Light11 View Post
    I got one!
    Yay Sergio! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Light11 View Post
    We explored the possibility, but it doesn't work. It ends up being easier to make one from scratch.

Fortunately, the stock clicky is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by hoplite View Post
    Any clues about the next E1s?
    E2's are the priority this month. E1's should be back in a few weeks.
    Control the Dark™

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Thank you Dan!
    and congratulations to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by run4jc View Post
    Yay Sergio! Congrats!

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast