Jetbeam bc25 low volt flash

KingMonkey

Newly Enlightened
My search terms seem to fail since my old friend google cannot seem to help me find the answer to my question believe me I have searched sorry if this has been asked before I honestly could not find the answer.

When using my jetbeam bc-25 after about 1.5-2 hrs the high beam begins to flash which is the low voltage warning. Using my only meter which is analog still pretty accurate though , the cell seems to be at around 3.5 ish volts. I was wondering if any one knew the voltage at which jetbeam's kick in their low voltage warnings. I am using unprotected panasonic NCR18650B cells if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Shadowww

Banned
3.5V is open circuit voltage (3.5V, by the way, is almost empty battery). Under load, it'd be way lower, something like 2.75V for that specific cell.

KingMonkey

Newly Enlightened
ok thanks for the reply I will be sure to take out the cell at the first sign of it flashing.

EDIT:
Another quick question is if my cell got low enough to trigger the warning from the flashlight and my charger claims 600mAh charge rate how long should a complete charge take?

Last edited:

KingMonkey

Newly Enlightened
I guess they didn't know that at the Chinese factory lols. I was just typing what was on the back of the charger. The back of the charger says this.

Video/Digital camera
TRAVEL CHARGER
----------------
Product Name:Charger
Input:AC 100V-240V 50/60hz
max150mA
Output: DC 4.2V ====600mAh

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
My search terms seem to fail since my old friend google cannot seem to help me find the answer to my question believe me I have searched sorry if this has been asked before I honestly could not find the answer.

When using my jetbeam bc-25 after about 1.5-2 hrs the high beam begins to flash which is the low voltage warning. Using my only meter which is analog still pretty accurate though , the cell seems to be at around 3.5 ish volts. I was wondering if any one knew the voltage at which jetbeam's kick in their low voltage warnings. I am using unprotected panasonic NCR18650B cells if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help you can provide me.

I have the same light! :) Nice right? Anyways, with regards to your question, the voltage of the 18650 is different when it is under load because without load the voltage seems to "recover" and be a bit higher than what was detected by the light to be low already.

Good thing about our light is that is has a battery cut off so when it becomes low enough, the light will refuse to go on or will turn on and flash so you will have to replace the cell. It will kick in at about 3 volts, cuts off at about 2.75 if im not mistaken.

KingMonkey

Newly Enlightened
Yeah nice light thanks for all the info. That flashing single is a must have for me since i use unprotected cell's. Just wanted to know if the voltage was safe since it seems people who use protected cells have the cell's protection kick in before the lights protection.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah you WILL know when it goes low, it will keep blinking on and off like nobody's business! haha... just dont let it keep the blinking going for several hours coz then you'd probably kill the battery. :)

I havent tried leaving it on when its blinking until it died, coz i dont want to risk killing an unprotected 18650 battery.

Nitecore has a new MT series light which they say is the improved version of this BC25, you might want to check that out before pulling the trigger on this one.

If you have, no worries, its still a great light. I'm happy with the one i purchased a year ago.

CoherentDrew

Newly Enlightened
Mine is at 3.5v exactly when it starts flashing. My r5 3M has a nice steady ramp down in brightness so you have useable light left to finish what you're doing while still alerting you of battery depletion. Kind of dissapointing, I did pay a lot more for the 3M i suppose