My First Titanium Mac's Custom

thaugen

Enlightened
I just ordered my first Titanium light and am very excited about the purchase!

I went with the Mac's Custom EDC, Titanium, Cilp, XM-L Neutral emitter, 2.8mA. I owned the an aluminum EDC with the neutral SST-50 and really liked the light, but the aluminum scratched very easily and got hot very quickly.

Thanks for all the great help with this decision via this forum!

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually. The fact that it gets hot quick means the Al is doing its job. It's pulling the heat from the led assembly and transferring it to your hand faster than other materials and thus keeping the led cooler even though it feels like it's hotter. So thermal conduction wise, Al is better than Ti. But yes, Al is softer than ti so it will scratch easier. Also, the feel of Ti in the hand is something that can't be put into words. It just feels so much nicer and richer.

I just ordered my first Titanium light and am very excited about the purchase!

I went with the Mac's Custom EDC, Titanium, Cilp, XM-L Neutral emitter, 2.8mA. I owned the an aluminum EDC with the neutral SST-50 and really liked the light, but the aluminum scratched very easily and got hot very quickly.

Thanks for all the great help with this decision via this forum!

thaugen

Enlightened
Look what just arrived in the mail! My new Mac's Customs EDC Titanium. I was surprised and pleased to see that this light now comes with a crenelated bezel. Mac continues to impress me with his ability to create functional, durable and beautiful lights. Everything about this EDC screams quality. The tint on the XML is perfectly white, the fit and finish impeccable, threads smooth and the titanium is flawless.

8099957907_3109d0c561_c.jpg

8099958193_2e91b91639_c.jpg

8099964742_d2d6f186e5_c.jpg

8099964952_c3530794c4_c.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Nice photos!

Mac's Ti Tri is a fantastic light. Carry mine every day. :rock:

RedRonin

Newly Enlightened
:drool:

Very excited to getting my order, too!

I know that the lead time is for up to 6 weeks.

Was wondering, though, how long did you have to wait for yours?

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac's lights are amazing indeed. Super solid and has that hefty feeling in your hand.

I waited over 4 months for my XM-L 18350, and the damascus Tri EDC I got the previous owner waited 7 months I think?

thaugen

Enlightened
:drool:

Very excited to getting my order, too!

I know that the lead time is for up to 6 weeks.

Was wondering, though, how long did you have to wait for yours?

It took about a month from order to delivery. Mac is did a great job communicating with me throughout the process and delivering the light as promised.

RedRonin

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, guys! Nice to know. From what I gathered in this forum, Mac is a reputable custom builder.

Last edited: