Ebay problem, what do you think

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold a Brinkman Legend Flashlight on Ebay. I tested it before shipping and it worked. I did sell it without batteries and never said that batteries were included since it was being sold as a used item. I recieved an e-mail from the customer that stated that he was mad because it shipped without batteries and that the bulb did not work. He said he wanted a refund so I paypal'd his money back to him in good faith. I was online when I recieved his e-mail complaint and I told him that I would send the refund right away. About ten minutes later I got an e-mail message that a complaint had been filed with square deal, this was after he recieved his refund. I wonder how I should handle this now that I have my first e-mail complaint. I would have thought that refunding the money right away would have solved things.

TheBeam

Enlightened
It is not reasonable for one to think that batteries are included unless otherwise stated. Maybe he also thought it was a buy one get one free deal, and you didn't send him the free one.

I suppose it could have broke in transit, maybe. Were you late in responding to him? Did you check the buyers' background?

You might want to contact Ebay yourself, this person may have done this kind of thing before. They might be getting refunds (free things) from a lot of people.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your first mistake was refunding his money. If you clearly stated what was included don't sweat it. Go through the process(square deal) and let us know how it worked out.

Tombeis

Enlightened
This is an example of why I buy and sell only on CPF.

You are not dealing with a bunch of "FLASHLIGHT ROOKIES" here.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too would check with ebay he might have a pattern of complaining to get free items. I would have told him to send it back on his dime and you would refund his purchase price, then put him on the deadbeat list at Ebay to keep them from pulling this stunt on more honest people such as you

PhilAlex

Enlightened
Square deal is just that. If you refunded, and you did, they'll find in your favour.

Just a word of advice, re: eBay: Refund the entire amount, including shipping, and pay for shipping if you want it returned. Life is too short.

-P