Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've thrown around the idea of having my own forum for many years now and finally decided now was the time. This will be a place for us to discuss both OMG Lumens and OneStopThrowShop.

It all started back in 2007 when I modified a light and made it the longest throwing LED light in the world by a significant margin. That resulted in many people contacting me asking me to make them one as well. The rest, as they say, is history.

I have spent the last 5 years continuing this tradition of pushing the absolute limits of technology and in some cases creating my own where non existed. My goal has always been to create lights that not just perform fabulously but can be used as actual tools in the real world. This takes an extremely deep understanding of how lights are used and the underlying technology needed to create them. A balance must be struck between trying to eek out every last drop of performance and maintaining reliability and useability.

The OMG Lumens brand of lights might be seen as the ultimate expression of what I love about this craft. It is about the application of the highest quality materials in existence. There are some exciting things being planned for OMG Lumens and I will fill you all in on that in due time.

OneStopThrowShop is my effort to apply some of the techniques that have been developed under OMG but do so in way that is far more budget friendly. An effort is being made to offer a far greater range of lights than would be possible with the tedious work required for OMG Lumens products. With this setup we take lights from all collimation types and brands and modify them to increase both throw and durability. I invite you to share your thoughts as to what lights you'd like to see modified and offered for sale. You are welcome to start threads in this forum to suggest lights and discuss the relevant technical aspects of doing so. If I get enough people interested in a particular light then a serious investigation will be made at making these available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.