How to get the DC power supplies?

nicho

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Just asking where everyone gets their power supplies from. Who sells the best quality at an affordable price.
Im thinking of purchasing a variable voltage unit first, to be able to test different strings for their ideal voltage, but then once i find this out, i plan on buying which ever one it is i need, for eg:24v, 30v, 12v.
Any help appreciated.

nicho

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Just asking where everyone gets their power supplies from. Who sells the best quality at an affordable price.
Im thinking of purchasing a variable voltage unit first, to be able to test different strings for their ideal voltage, but then once i find this out, i plan on buying which ever one it is i need, for eg:24v, 30v, 12v.
Any help appreciated.
up up , thanks

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
are you looking for a supply that will be used to drive LEDs from the AC mains power, or a supply that will be used for the lab bench to power whatever the latest project is?

For a variable supply, I just built a simple one myself. It just takes a transformer, bridge rectifier, filter cap, and a suitable adjustable linear regulator chip such as a LM317 (plus heatsink).

For fixed LED drivers, you can get quite a variety from suppliers like Digi-key or Mouser.