What are the most common cells in order.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps this should be easiest to find in a pinch.

I am talking about non-rechargables.

I assume the easiest to find will be the primary cells first.

My best guess would be

AA, D, AAA, C, followed by the 9V. Then the non-primary cells like the 123, Cr2, AAAA. I wouldn't even have a guess as to the most common non primary cells.

Does anyone know the actual order Primary and non-primary cells should fall in for the easiset to find in a pinch to the hardest to find in a pinch. Especially when off the beaten Trail.

It would be impractical to list all non-rechargable batteries. How about the top ten or 20. At least go deep enough the capture the 123 Cells since we flashaholics find them so useful.

rlhess

Enlightened
AA are the most common. I've seen them at stores that surprised me while traveling. I'm not sure I remember where, but I'm thinking like airport news stands.

I don't recall seeing Ds without Cs these days.

Last time I checked, AAAA was very uncommon.

Cheers,

Richard

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
is anyone able to fill out this list. Perhaps get the top ten most common easiest to find batteries represented???

BarryNYC

Newly Enlightened
Additionally, let's hear from some of our non-USA members. Surely the list is different for differnt countries/continents.

-barry

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, over here (UK), I'd tend to say the following:

AA, D, AAA, C, PP3, 4R25, 123, CR2. Never seen an AAAA anywhere before. Coin cells are all pretty easily available, but generally (in Aberdeen anyhow) you have to ask at the counter.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I think that the order should be AA, D, AAA, 9V, C. The 9V is very common at every convenience and drugstore, while the C is often not carried at all. 9V still have tons of commonplace applications (clock radios, smoke alarms, toys, etc); the C seems to be getting less and less as time goes on, IMHO. Even in places like Walmart, you'll notice that C is the least stocked size; that's a good benchmark to me.

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tylerdurden said:
I think you're probably right on so far with AA, D, AAA, C, 9v, 123, CR2, AAAA.

FWIW, "primary cells" generally refers to any size non-rechargable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. All are primary cells, except the 9 Volter, which is a battery, right?

One unit is a cell, more than one a battery....

Doug Owen

danielo_d

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
whats a pp3 and a 4r25?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a PP3

300053.jpg

And this is the 4R25
529.jpg

They are the 9V and 6V Lantern batteries repectively. I guess they use the model #'s in the U.K. whereas we're used to using the description in the U.S.

Also, the AAAA is quite uncommon, but you can find 6 of them inside certain 9V batteries. There's a thread regarding this in case anyone's interested. [Easily found by doing a search.]

All of these are pretty accessible where I am, so it's hard to accurately gauge.

Sorry for the cop-out.

Danno