Considered using these lights as hosts to work from?

Obsessed

Newly Enlightened
Just curious if anyone has suggested using the Sunwayman T40CS as a base? I know it's much like the FandyFire in terms of design, but thought that a lot of people (including myself) would trust the Sunwayman name more than FF. Also, what about improving lights such as the Olight SR95UT? It's the reigning king in factory production lights, so why not improve the best? :)

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Just curious if anyone has suggested using the Sunwayman T40CS as a base? I know it's much like the FandyFire in terms of design, but thought that a lot of people (including myself) would trust the Sunwayman name more than FF. Also, what about improving lights such as the Olight SR95UT? It's the reigning king in factory production lights, so why not improve the best? :)
He used the FandyFire because its cheep. A lot of people thought his DEFT lights were to expensive, if he used a T40CS after he got done it would be almost as much as the TN31 but wouldn't perform as well. Lol Saabluster hates the big Olights, I think a de-domed SR90 would be a better starting point due to the reflector.

I think he should make an aspheric like the Deree light. He already maximized the throw from a P-60 host but something bigger like the size of a Quark Turbo or G25C2 would be able to do 200lux easy.

I'd also like to know if he plans or would be willing to do any NON-THROW RELATED MODS :eek:. What sparked my idea from this would be a thermal modded TN30 that would run longer and put out more lumens. Or maybe he could do something with pocket rockets like the D25's?

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say SFKGT's assessment is pretty close to the mark. In the end though it is a matter of whether there is enough interest. If enough people want a certain light I will take a serious look at doing it.

I have considered the new SR95UT as it is designed a bit more intelligently than the SR90 before it. The size and weight has come down a bit. Still that mod would have to be planned out really really well. I have some ideas on what to do with it but it needs to be mulled over a bit first.

I'd also like to know if he plans or would be willing to do any NON-THROW RELATED MODS :eek:. What sparked my idea from this would be a thermal modded TN30 that would run longer and put out more lumens. Or maybe he could do something with pocket rockets like the D25's?
While I am really only known here for my throw lights here I have done significant amounts of development into light quality. I developed a light called the E-Lucid-8 which is a tiny RCR123 light that produces phenomenal quality of light and has some cutting edge technology I developed. Lack of time, money, and some minor technical issue caused me to need to move on to an easier project even after we did a 100 unit run of lights to varying levels of completion. I have been EDCing one for a long time. I would like to do another flood light but it doesn't really fit under the banner of the Throw Shop. OMG sure. If enough people would like to see a light that is all about quality of light I will look into pushing that project forward.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you were to produce a nice, 16340/18350, High CRI light with beautiful output, I'd buy one for sure.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I'm not sure it would depend on price of course, small lights seem like they would have even higher cost over stock than larger lights. I was hoping for a 4000lm TN30 haha

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Maybe the SupBeam K40, aka clone of the TN31. There are some differences for sure. Ie smaller reflector(69.3mm K40 v 69.5mm TN31 and 52mm deep K40 v 64mm deep TN31, driven to 3Amps, although Jake, vendor here has version that is driven to 3.5Amps current. This could be less expensive option for some who would like a 90% modded TN31. These lights should retail for about $90.00 for the 3A version or $120.00 for the 3.5A one. Personally, I'm willing to pay the extra for the best and if the TN31 is better quality then that's ok. But occasionally there are easter eggs in these less expensive lights in that they may be easier to work with or something. See the two versions Supbeam dot com or the other K40 in the dealers area of the marketplace.

Last edited: