No longer a Lummi owner

Flashlight Enthusiast
hope this post doesn't get me in a pickle

but the only way I could feel good about owning a few Wee's I was able to buy this year,
was get rid of them and put Lummi in my rearview mirror, never to tread again. I
gave away my last 2 Lummi Wee. I could not stand having them whilst knowing other members
are in a jam here.

nbp

Flashaholic
It was a statement. And if you feel it was right, then you shouldn't feel bad. I have refrained from buying any Lummis on the secondary market (though I'd like to) to make a similar statement. :thumbsup:

Megatrowned

Enlightened
I have mixed feelings about this whole thing. Not about everyone that's been left hanging. That's just wrong. However the lights he made are exquisite. Wonderful machining. (I wish more people used nickel silver) The light that first got me into this wonderful world of torches is a older style Raw NS. (Back when they still had those wonderful OP reflectors)

However, I also got jerked around by him. Waited well over a year with no responce's about my order. Finally did get it though(not recently, it's been a while). So I understand the sour feelings. But I don't want people to stop buying them 2nd hand. I do have a wee to get rid of, perfect condition. (Shameless plug) I think of it like this. If a famous artist dies, his paintings are still sold/collected, even if that person was "less than nice" (insert your own feelings here). To the CPF community, Lumii appears to be "dead". To stop selling his products now has no bearing on him. It will not help/hinder him at all. I do appreciate personal choice though, based upon your own experience with Rob.

Best of wishes to all with unfulfilled orders. I do wish this would all be settled amicably.

fyrstormer

Banned
Meh. Honestly, his lights weren't all that great anyway. Exquisitely machined, yes, but that's about it. They had no power control, and if you got them equipped with tritium slots, there was no way you could actually carry it without essentially resigning yourself to the trits being cracked in short order. Not to mention they were designed to use batteries that were niche-application-only, meaning you had to buy them from specialty stores and you couldn't rely on the light in an emergency situation. I owned a couple, they were nice, but I never used them, and ultimately I decided I could better use the money on other, more sensible products.