NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Highest Lumen Flashlights,*including video* of Lambda VPT3 SBT90 MB flux bin

Evilgrin07 Your Highest Lumen Flashlights,*including video* of Lambda VPT3 SBT90 MB flux bin

I'd like to hear what your highest Lumen lights are. Bonus points for pictures of the lights or beamshots. I'll start with a few of my bigger ones.

There are These:

Left to Right: Lambda VP2000 6500, Lambda Hydra 4XML, Lambda VPXML3c, Lambda VPT2XML, Lambda VPXML3c, Lambda VPTXPG2,
    Lambda VP Hydra NW,Lamda VPT proto 5700, Lambda VP Hydra CW, Lamda VPT3 4500

And These:

From Left to right: VL4XML Lambda Hydra 16oz Cu heatsink w/various optics(c.4000 OTF Lumens), VP3XML NW Hydra (c.3000 OTF), VP3XML CW Hydra (c.>3000OTF), ElektroLumens FireSword (c.3000+ Advertised Lumens), then just some smaller lights a Mac sst50 Drop-in 4500k (c 6-800 Lumens) and Regular MagLED

I'm going to mention that these are taken on a lowly Nikon 'Point and Shoot' 14MP. The Exposure settings were intentionally overly underexposed so no 'beam' or 'laser' shots on these flooders. They do appear significantly brighter to the eye than seen here. I'll post some more representive shots of these and others in a later post.
    All are at the same settings: 1s Exposure, ISO 80, Aperture 3.1
    Light was placed at base of the tree on the Left side of the photographs

**150' from Tree to Chimney**

Last edited by Fresh Light; 12-04-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Your Highest Lumen Flashlights

I have nothing over 1k lumens yet.
    I have a 900 lumen Malkoff Wildcat XPG Triple with optics, and a 750 lumen Malkoff Hound Dog XML with reflector.

Flashaholic*

This might turn into (mine is bigger than yours thread) hehheheh. I have a Romisen RV-235 with 100+ lumens & thats all I need for now.

Daytime:

400' Distance to Target
    1s Exposure, 1600 ISO, Aperature 3.1 in all photos

2D MagLED

Lambda 2D XML

Olight SR90

Lambda VPT 5700

Lambda VP2000 6500K

Lambda VPXML 3c CW

Lambda VPXML 3c NW

ElektroLumens FireSword IV

Lambda VP3XML Hydra Reflector

Lambda VP3XML Hydra NW Narrow Optics

Xtar D31 3MCE

Sorry, No photos of the 4XML at this distance at this time. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Fresh Light; 09-28-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragweed View Post
    This might turn into (mine is bigger than yours thread) hehheheh. I have a Romisen RV-235 with 100+ lumens & thats all I need for now.
    I can only hope! But size only matters if it plays well with the thermal path. We don't need all the light from our Sun to see during the day either but it's nice to recreate that in a small spot around you, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by twl View Post
    I have nothing over 1k lumens yet.
    I have a 900 lumen Malkoff Wildcat XPG Triple with optics, and a 750 lumen Malkoff Hound Dog XML with reflector.
    Malkoff stuff sounds awesome, but I've never bought anything from them yet. It sounds like you have a really nice setup there with the Wildcat and the Hound Dog. I like that his new Wildcat us using the XPG2. Maybe gene will put the XPG2 in the Hound Dog using the same drive as the XML to make a thrower like I have posted the thrower thread.

Xtar S1 3 x XM-L U2
    Skyray King 3 x XM-L T6
    Wolfeyes Boxer 24W HID
    VPT Dedome SST-90
    Olight SR95UT SBT-90
    Thrunite TN31 U2

My only light above 1K lumen is a MagicFire Scorpion 40W HID. According to other threads, it's ~35w to the bulb, so it'll be similar to other 35w HIDs in output, conservatively 2500-3000 lumen.

Next brightest are probably the XM-L lights, so my Maglite 3D XM-L, Blade SE-1 with a 14500, or the Sunwayman V11R. Yeah, my collection isn't the brightest.

I have always wanted to build a 10K+ lumen light, maybe when I figure out SolidWorks, the electronics, and the optics.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Light View Post
    Malkoff stuff sounds awesome, but I've never bought anything from them yet. It sounds like you have a really nice setup there with the Wildcat and the Hound Dog. I like that his new Wildcat us using the XPG2. Maybe gene will put the XPG2 in the Hound Dog using the same drive as the XML to make a thrower like I have posted the thrower thread.
    Thanks!
    I'm also expecting to see some new stuff from Gene with the XPG-2
    He has recently released the Wildcat V4 with triple XPG-2 and 1350 OTF at turn on.
    I also think it would be a winner in the Hound Dog, and I'd love to see it driven hard as you suggest.

Gene's lights are like precision instruments. The superb beams, and the build quality and ruggedness and understated styling makes them very special, IMO. I'm a big Malkoff fan.

I keep waiting for his triple XML Wildcat, but it doesn't seem to be coming. Maybe he'll surprise us for Christmas or something.

830 lumens, when it arrives
    Four surefires and counting, this could be expensive

Quote Originally Posted by twl View Post
    Thanks!
    I'm also expecting to see some new stuff from Gene with the XPG-2
    He has recently released the Wildcat V4 with triple XPG-2 and 1350 OTF at turn on.
    I also think it would be a winner in the Hound Dog, and I'd love to see it driven hard as you suggest.

Gene's lights are like precision instruments. The superb beams, and the build quality and ruggedness and understated styling makes them very special, IMO. I'm a big Malkoff fan.

I keep waiting for his triple XML Wildcat, but it doesn't seem to be coming. Maybe he'll surprise us for Christmas or something.
    Maybe he's waiting for the XML2 or something. The single LED Lambda VPT2XPG2 Light I have puts out a solid 750 or so lumens when I compare it to other lights. I can't wait to see what can be done when Cree updates the XML.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE LED View Post
    Xtar S1 3 x XM-L U2
    Skyray King 3 x XM-L T6
    Wolfeyes Boxer 24W HID
    VPT Dedome SST-90
    Olight SR95UT SBT-90
    Thrunite TN31 U2
    I knew you have some nice stuff! Which of those has the most Lumen output? Maybe the Xtar?

Quote Originally Posted by jamie.91 View Post
    830 lumens, when it arrives
    Sounds like you must be getting a JEtBeam BC-40? 4 Cr123 or 2 18650 light.

Flashaholic

Apex 5t6 which I like and is great for showing off... but I just don't need that many lumens.
    Deus Vult

Quote Originally Posted by bodhran View Post
    Apex 5t6 which I like and is great for showing off... but I just don't need that many lumens.
    5XMLs in a tiny light, should be good for showing off That's also the most LEDs in a light listed here.
    But really I go out and feed and water the outdoor animals and regularly use lights capable of 3=4K true OTF lumens, just not turned up all the way all the time. But when I go out and want to look around you can be sure I turn it to max to see everything around me.

Flashaholic

~6000lm video diving light (can be pushed further to about 7000-7500lm increasing HBFlex output to 2A)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...40-6000-lumens

My current most powerful lights are my Eagletac M3C4 MC-E and Olight M30 Triton. Close third is my latest addition the Eagletac D25C Clicky XM-L and my Fenix TK12 is very close to that. So actually quite modest as for now.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by arek98 View Post
    ~6000lm video diving light (can be pushed further to about 7000-7500lm increasing HBFlex output to 2A)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...40-6000-lumens
    That sir is what I'm talking about!! I don't know how well that beam will work as a dive light though, but it may be perfect for you. I've only did scuba once, during the day and in clear water off the coast in Mexico. Is the Vf the main problem with using these array type LEDs in more mainstream type of lights? I know they are extremely floody and not the most efficient but they are getting better(108lm/W array from cree here http://www.cree.com/led-components-a...ding-pages/cxa).

Quote Originally Posted by Ishango View Post
    My current most powerful lights are my Eagletac M3C4 MC-E and Olight M30 Triton. Close third is my latest addition the Eagletac D25C Clicky XM-L and my Fenix TK12 is very close to that. So actually quite modest as for now.
    But even those are Wow lights for trips where most people are running lights on Energizers or Duracells. I've never had and ET or Fenix, but the M3 lights from ET always intrigued me with their handle that reminds me of magazine for an M16 assault rifle. So, you're probably at a good 7-800 lumen level with your lights and plenty of lux there, time for a big light.

My only two powerful lights are a Surefire Hellfighter and a UB3T. About 3000 and 800 lumens respectively. Gets the job done.
    Do something alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

Here are a photos in the woods on a trail. These were taken with my previous Camera phone 1s Exposure, ISO 25, 2.8 Aperature

Xtar D31 Howitzer (3MCE)

Lambda VP3XML Hydra Reflectors

Xtar D31

Lambda VP3XML reflectors

Quote Originally Posted by ABTOMAT View Post
    My only two powerful lights are a Surefire Hellfighter and a UB3T. About 3000 and 800 lumens respectively. Gets the job done.
    I would say so! Hellfighter is over a 5,000.00 light new. Buy that and call it a day, and those are under rated numbers as we know how SF does it.

The Lamdalights Quad SST-90 builds are a 4D Mag and about as bright as I have ever witnessed with well over 5000 lumens likely OTF. Pulled over 30A at tail with 4 D cells but would get way too hot after 2 minutes.

http://flashlightnews.net/forum/index.php?topic=2619.0

bigC
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

Flashaholic

That sir is what I'm talking about!! I don't know how well that beam will work as a dive light though, but it may be perfect for you. I've only did scuba once, during the day and in clear water off the coast in Mexico. Is the Vf the main problem with using these array type LEDs in more mainstream type of lights? I know they are extremely floody and not the most efficient but they are getting better(108lm/W array from cree here http://www.cree.com/led-components-a...ding-pages/cxa).

Thanks. This particular LED does about 100lm/W at max current I'm driving it (1.5A)
    http://ce.citizen.co.jp/lighting_led...000K_Ra65.html
    Light is total flood but that was a goal. I wanted to cover full frame at 24mm without any hot spots.
    The only complain I have is low CRI (Citizen havs better ones but I was only able to get this one).
    But it is still better than no light (only natural light at depth).

With TaskLed drivers Vf is no problem. High Vf it is actually better because current is lower especially important with relatively long cable between head and battery.
    There are other thing in play like color shift while changing levels and fact that HBFlex goes PWM below 0.5A output and is useless for video at low current but all thing considered I'm pretty satisfied with it for now.
    Last edited by arek98; 09-27-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigchelis View Post
    The Lamdalights Quad SST-90 builds are a 4D Mag and about as bright as I have ever witnessed with well over 5000 lumens likely OTF. Pulled over 30A at tail with 4 D cells but would get way too hot after 2 minutes.

http://flashlightnews.net/forum/index.php?topic=2619.0

bigC
    Do you still have this? That thing was certainly the most wicked build he had done that I know of. That would make the ultimate wow light if it could be made to run at full spec in 2D size off some energy source. I know how much heat the single SST90s produce that would be quite a cooker.

Quote Originally Posted by arek98 View Post
    Thanks. This particular LED does about 100lm/W at max current I'm driving it (1.5A)
    http://ce.citizen.co.jp/lighting_led...000K_Ra65.html
    Light is total flood but that was a goal. I wanted to cover full frame at 24mm without any hot spots.
    The only complain I have is low CRI (Citizen havs better ones but I was only able to get this one).
    But it is still better than no light (only natural light at depth).
    Seeing your design work, I'm not sure what is more impressive your light or the pack with the balance circuit. Good work!

I would say so! Hellfighter is over a 5,000.00 light new.
    World's most overpriced flashlight. They have almost no used resale value, comparatively. Only way I could afford to buy one.
    Do something alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

As of now Zebralight SC600, 750 lumen, but soon Zebralight s6330 with 2400 lumen.

Do you still have this? That thing was certainly the most wicked build he had done that I know of. That would make the ultimate wow light if it could be made to run at full spec in 2D size off some energy source. I know how much heat the single SST90s produce that would be quite a cooker.

I passed it on to a lucky buyer. Runtime was 15min or so but you could only use it 2minutes at a time. It really got that hot that anything longer than that was really pushing it. Very impressive and inpractical but cool as hell. lol

It was rated at 80watts/5000 Lumens, but I got lucky and it drew well over 100watts/6000 Lumens.

bigC
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

Sky Ray King is my highest lumen as of now and the rest <500 lumens.
    Pick the pooch!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast